So it looks like I have gestational diabetes. My sugar was 168 on my first test and it is to be below 130. I didn't take the three hour test because after talking with my midwife we decided that it was a pretty good bet that my sugar would still be pretty high, due to the fact that all my tests with my last two kids were boarder line at 130 and I am heavier with this one than the last two. Add in the family history of diabetes we decided that I should go on the diet and get the sugar/blood testing stuff, that way I can be informed about everything and be able to change some things in my life to help keep the real diabetes at bay.
So I have an appointment with the Diabetes Center at Davis Hospital next week. No more ice cream for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment