I hope everyone had a great Halloween. Ethan and Holly had a blast! The first thing Ethan said when he got up was "Dad - know what today is? It's Halloween and we can get candy".We went down to Sandy to Ryan's sisters' so that the kids could go trick or treating with "the cousins". Ethan asked every 5 minutes all day long if it "was time to go yet?".
We hit traffic in Salt Lake on the way and I thought he was going to have a melt down, because it was "taking to long". We got there just in time to go out trick or treating, thank goodness because I don't think Ethan could have waited much longer.
Ryan took Ethan, who was the black Spider Man and Holly, who was Elmo out and I stayed at the house with Mason. Since he was to little to eat any candy we thought it was best that Mason sit this year out.
Holly didn't stay out too long because she got tired and was happy with the candy she got. Ethan stayed out with his cousins and was so excited about his "loot" that he had to show me each and every piece of candy he got.
At last it was time to go home and both kids were very upset when Dad put both of their pumpkins with their candy in them, in the trunk. Oh what a sin!!
Ryan and I were hoping that they would have a sugar crash when they got home but it only worked with Holly. Ethan didn't fall asleep until almost 11 pm, because he was so aped up, but he paid for it this morning when it was time for school.
Oh, well live and learn.
2 comments:
They look so cute...and so grown up!!! Madi had a hard time going to sleep also...I think I'm going to ban candy for the next 6 months...or at least until Christmas! :)
Halloween is only once a year!!! It was fun being with the kids. They looked great!!!
Post a Comment