Monday, June 23, 2008

Maverick

On Thursday the 12th, Ethan had been in and out playing with Kevin, a friend of his, throughout the day. I was busy trying to get ready for my family to come so I would check on the kids about every half hour. Well Ethan and Kevin decided to go to Maverick and get a treat. So just after I checked on them they go and get some money out of Kevin's pigging bank and get on their bikes and head for the Maverick. Now the Maverick is about 10 blocks away from our house on the corner of 1000 W and 1800 N. They had to navigate a round-about and cross 1800 N which is a pretty busy street.
Well by the time I went to check on them again they were coming up the drive way so I had no idea that they had gone all that way until Ethan told me latter that afternoon. I freaked!! Ethan got into trouble but not as much as he would have if he knew better. We really have not had the talk about going very far without Mom or Dad. So Ethan had taken his new found freedom to the extreme.
We have now set some boundaries and talked to him about the dangers of taking off without Mom or Dad. He now understands and has been a good kid about not going to far from home. We just need to brake him of the bad habit of taking off and not telling us were he is going. Oh the joys of parenthood!

No comments: