Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lots and Lots

I've been a slacker, again and not posted anything although I have plenty to. We have been busy with school stuff, soccer and getting ready for Masons Birthday among other things. But let me start at the beginning.

Last week Holly and I decided to paint our toe nails. Holly loves to have her toes and fingers painted and I have gotten 2 new colors. Mind you I didn't have any nail polish in the house before about a month ago. The things that change with little girls... anyway, I was distracted for a minute with something Ethan was saying and Mason decied to taste the nail polish. Thank goodness he only went for the brush and didn't think to drink it. But he got it all in his mouth and and on his cheeks. You can just make out peach colored nail polish on his face if you look closely at the picture. I called poison control just to make sure he was going to be all right. I hate calling them because I always feel like such a terrible Mother, but better safe than sorry.

Then this past Saturday was a big day. Ethan's first soccer game of the season!! He got up at 6:30 am all excited. He had a hard time waiting until Noon when his practice was. They practice for 1/2 and hour and then have a game with 2 - 10 minute halves.
The field was full of soccer games with tons of people. Ryan's parents were good enough to come up and cheer Ethan on. Although he didn't show it, he was really happy they came. It was just so HOT!! We will know to bring something for shade and blankets to sit on for next time.
Ethan was a little too nice about letting others get the ball, but we will work with him on going after the ball a little more this week in our back yard.
Just after half time he socred a goal!...just in the wrong net. :( But it was his first game and didn't understand that they had switched goals after the half. We made a big deal out of him any way, it was a goal after all!

We had a hard time trying to keep Holly off of the field. She wanted to play so badly!! She is really good at kicking the ball around our yard. But we did find out that she could play next year because of where her birthday falls.
I tried to see if she wanted to take dance this year but she didn't want to. She is all sports!! She loved the Olympics and wanted to do just about every sport she saw. I guess she will be my sports girl and not a girly girl, which is fine with me. But I still think it would be good for her to take some ballet. I just need to convince her and her Dad of that.

On Sunday, Mason finally decided to crawl like a man. He just started doing it. He still army crawls when he is in a hurry though. I think he will be walking before he gives it up completely.

Then yesterday I took Ethan to his Kindergarten orientation. All the other kids went back to school yesterday but Ethan just had a 1/2 hour orientation and then he goes back on Thursday to have his student/teacher evaluation. Monday, Sept 2nd is his first day of school. Ryan is taking the day off to take him. It means a lot to Ryan to take him and I think he wants to go by himself so I won't see him cry when he ushers his oldest son into "kid-dom".

Well that's it for now. We have a big week ahead of us this week too. Ryan left for Driggs, Idaho this morning to help Wells Fargo switch over a branch of a bank they just bought, and will be back tomorrow night. Then Thursday is Masons 1st Birthday and he has his 1 year check up with shoots that morning, then we have Holly's preschool orientation after that and then that afternoon Ethan has his evaluation. Boy, do you think I could fit anything else into one day??

Here are few more pictures of Ethan's game (he #2) for your viewing enjoyment...

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

Wow what a schedule! I know it's coming and I'm not ready! I hate stress! How fun! Love the soccer pics! Beau wants Isaac in football but I don't! It's funny the things they find to put in their mouths Isaac ate half a jar of tums poison control says it's ok, not all the time though it's just alot of calcium!

katie said...

Good post Barb. Life only gets crazier from here on out.

mickey said...

He is so cute. I know he'd wouldn't want to hear that but I love the soccer uniforms. Kenzi played when she was five and I loved seeing her in hers. The games are always so fun to watch. We'd call it cluster ball.

Way to go Ethan!

lizzie said...

very nice...i love to hear all the goings on!