Yesterday and today have been very happy and at the same time sad days.Sad because Ryan left for Driggs, Idaho and will be gone all the way till the 25th. He is going to try and come home Saturday afternoon for only about 24 hours but there is no guarantee that he can get away.
Why is he in Driggs you may ask? Well in an attempt to broaden his skills set and open new opportunities within his job he volunteered to go up and help a branch of the Bank of Idaho, which Wells Fargo recently purchased to convert over to. He went up two times before but it was just for a couple of days, but now it is the big switch over and so he is there for 10 days.
While I am happy to support Ryan in his career aspirations it is hard for me to have him be away. We have been married to long for me to sleep soundly without him beside me. So by the time he gets back I will be exhausted, not to mention stir crazy with a need to talk to someone else other than my 5, 3 and 1 year olds.
I also realize how much of a codependent person I really am when I don't have him here. I know that it is a good thing that he didn't choose to join the military because I just couldn't handle a deployment for 6 months to a year.
But I can take heart that Ryan is just as bad or worse than I am. He is a total homebody, just like his Dad. He can't be away from his family for long before he starts getting a little crazy and if you think about it, that is a good thing since he is stuck with me and the kids for all eternity!
I also admit that I miss him just because I love him and can't imagine my life with out him. So I'm a sap, sue me!
The happy news is Mason took is first steps! A couple of hours after Ryan left he was in the middle of the living room and just stood up with no support. I think I scared him half to death because I just screamed and jumped up and down so excited at his accomplishment. He just smiled the biggest smile ever and kept trying to stand up.On the third successful attempt at standing up on his own I got down on the floor across the room from him and encouraged him to try to walk to me. I knew he could do it if he set his mind to it as he has been walking well while only slightly holding on to just one of my hands for a week now.
I guess with the joy of his standing success he felt like he could take the steps on his own and took three tiny little steps before he fell. He just looked up with a smile that looked like it would crack his face in half.
I guess with the joy of his standing success he felt like he could take the steps on his own and took three tiny little steps before he fell. He just looked up with a smile that looked like it would crack his face in half. I made such a big deal out of him. Then I went right to the phone and called Ryan. Wouldn't you know it that the day that Mason took his first steps that Ryan would not be here to share in the joy. But we did our best to celebrate over the phone and with the help of the speaker phone Ryan was able to make a big deal out of Mason too.
So watch out world here comes Mason!
3 comments:
Congrats to Mason. It's a good/bad day when they start walking. He looks so cute though.
Sorry Ryan will be gone so long. I too could not be a military wife. I die most nights because Mike doesn't get home til 7 p.m. Make sure you treat yourself to some fun outings this week. It'll make the time pass quicker.
How cute!~ Congrats to him for his first steps!! Too bad Ryan missed it. :( I am the same as you...when G is away it's so hard for me. I can't sleep as well...I miss him. I don't enjoy being home alone. And he doesn't enjoy being gone. So I feel for ya...
Sorry I don't always comment. When I blog check I'm usually rocking Nix to sleep so my arms are a bit tied up. :)
that's great! i love when they start walking...so cute!
Post a Comment