Anyway we were looking around and since Ethan has been acting the total brat for that week there was no way I was going to do his room. It will be a lot of work and I told him I wasn't going to do it for a child that doesn't appreciate all that I do for him. He had/has taken up the habit of yelling/screaming at me when I ask him to do anything that wasn't/isn't video games and TV. He had both taken away but I'm getting off track again.
So it was between our room and the kitchen. Since Ryan wasn't being very helpful picking out a color for our room I decided to do the kitchen. I knew it was going to be the biggest job in the whole house and take me over a month or more to get it all done. Since our kitchen, dinning room and living room is all kind of one big room I really would like to have the one place that most people see when they come over, done. Our new house has become a real source of pride for both Ryan and I. Ryan has taken more interest in the inside with all the snow outside and I know once the snow melts he will be out in the yard all the time so I need to take advantage while I can.
Here is what it looked like before. Now I have painted the walls and have started on the cabinets, which will take the most time. I am having to do them in sections and I'm de-junking as I go. Then Ryan will be taking some time off in the next couple of week to put in a new floor. We are going to put in a kind of Prego like floor and we are doing it ourselves which is going to be interesting since neither one of us has done something like this before. Everyone we talked to says it is really easy and the guys at Lowe's tell us no problem, so we are going on faith. The hard part is going to be taking up the tile floor we have now. You might ask, why we would want to pull out our tile? Well the last owners of our house put it in and when they did they put to much water in the grout mix and so it is braking all apart and we have loose title all over the place. Mason trying to eat the loose grout is another incentive. So getting the title up will not be a problem its the mortar on the underside that we are worried about and we can't tackle that until we are really to pull up the floor. The kids on the other hand are all excited because we told them they could help us by beating up the floor to loosing all the grout. Ethan even picked out his own mallet.

Anyway here is a sneak peak of what it will look like once it gets done. I will be sure to take lots of pictures of the process of taking the floor out. Then have before and after pictures posted once we are done. I'm hoping we should have everything done by the end of March. I'm crossing my fingers at least.
4 comments:
now you better hurry and finish the rest! i can't wait to see it. it looks relly good so far...you've done an awesome job barb!
That is going to look sooooo nice. You have way too much energy!
Barb , You are an unbelievable inspiration! I was going to tackle my kitchen cabinets over spring break but as the days flew by, I slowly changed my mind and accomplished absolutely nothing. When you're done with yours - your more than welcome to give mine a go. I can't wait to see the finished project. You go girl!
Post a Comment