The week is finally over and Holly has enjoyed 3 birthday parties with cake and ice cream for all 3. I think I've gained 5 lbs with all that cake and my body is acting like Elaine's, needing a 3 o'clock sugar rush. (you know from Seinfeld..)On Wednesday, her actual birthday, we had just a little party with just us. She got her big present from Mom and Dad, a new 2 wheel bike with training wheels.
Ethan and Mason got her a helmet to go along with her bike. She LOVES it! She rides it everyday and said to me, "now I'm a big girl now that I have a big girl bike". It's so funny what kids think of as a right of passage.
Then on Saturday she had her Fairy Princess Party. Five little girls all dressed up like fairies or princesses or both.
Don't they look cute...
Holly for some reason was embarrassed to have everyone sing her Happy Birthday that day. I don't know why but she got over it when I had all her friends help her blow out the candles. 
Our good friends the Jessops came down from North Ogden and we got to visit them for awhile. They lived next door to us in our condo and Ethan and their son Karson are only 3 months apart and were "best buddies" while we lived next to them. They haven't had a chance to play together for a year so it was really nice to have them over. We also had my brother Rayn and his family over. They live so close but we never seem to be able to get together that much. They stayed for dinner and they kids had a blast playing together.
They on Sunday we had Ryan's family up and our good friends the Ropers over. Ropers have all boys so we didn't think they would want to dress up like fairy's so we had them over with Ryan's family. More cake and ice cream and lots of fun. Holly loved having all her friends and family over to help celebrate her birthday. She tells me everyday now that she is 4 now and only 1 year till she is in Kindergarten. She is so excited to grown up, I have to keep reminding her that she needs to just have fun being 4 because all too soon she will be as old as me, to which I receive the dirty look of "your crazy mom". Ah, childhood.
1 comment:
lookslikelotsoffun!wishwewerethere.andilovepictureofheronthebike!socute!
Post a Comment