Once again my life has picked me up and run. It's times like these that you look around and say "Holy Crap how does time slip by so fast".Since my last post we had Halloween which was really fun this year because one, it was really warm and I didn't have to bundle my kids up to go trick or treating, and two because it was Mason's first time going out. Ethan surprised me this year by wanting to be Dracula. I really thought he would want to be Iron Man or something, I even offered to get him a new costume but no he just wanted teeth. We had almost everything else.
Holly had to be a fairy this year. Last year was a princess and she told me that she had to be the fairy this year since her name was "Fairy Princess Holly Bug". The logic of children...who can argue with it?
Mason of course had to be a devil. I got red hair stray and got his Mohawk going with it, because I knew he would never keep horns on. It fit him so well.
The kids had so much fun going around our neighbourhood. Now that we have been here awhile we know more people, thus making it more fun for them. Ryan went out with them and I stayed home to pass out candy. We had more trick or treater's this year, again because we have been here longer and more people know us.
Mason started getting tired after a while but Holly was such great big sister to him. She took his pumpkin up to each house with her and asked nicely if she could get a candy for her little brother. She really impressed her Dad with the kindness she showed. Great time and great memories.
We have such great kids. They drive me crazy on a daily basis but it's the little moments in between where I can really see how we have been blessed. Holly and Mason are getting closer each day. I think they are bonding more because they are spending so much more time together, just the two of them while Ethan is in school all day. I will often come into the room and see them sitting beside each other and Mason will have his hand behind his sisters back.
Ethan and Mason are getting closer too now that they are sharing a room together. Mason feels like he is more a part of things and Ethan has been trying harder to be a good big brother.
You see, Mason just LOVES Patrick who lives across the street. He will see Patrick and just run right up to him and give him a big hug. I think Ethan has been a little jealous of Patrick and so he has been working on being nicer to Mason. Just the past week Ethan has been coming home from school and Mason will run and give him a hug. I can just see the big smile on Ethan's face when that happens.
Life has been crazy and I've been going in too many directions lately. But at this Christmas season we need to look at what we do have and not dwell on what we don't. I think that will be my New Years resolution this year. To take more time for the things that matter, to see the good things.
No comments:
Post a Comment