Ryan & I have decided that Mason in big enough for time outs now and shouldn't be treated like such a baby any more. Which is hard for me because he is my baby. So for the past few days when ever he hits his sister in the head with a hockey stick we have put him into time out, which is followed by much weeping and wailing. The thing I just figured out this morning is that those days that he has been put into time out and gotten into trouble are the nights that follow with him waking up screaming. He always has bad dreams those night that follow a sentenced time out. Once I cuddle with him and he knows that I'm there to love him he can go back to sleep without much trouble. Go figure...I hope that this behavior will last. Not the bad dreams but the bad conscience.
Two days ago, on Monday, Ethan and Holly both wake up early, dressed and ready to go. They then come and wake me up with the announcement that we are walking to school. Talk about short notice for me because the school is about a mile from our house. Which means I have got to get up, make Ethan's lunch, get myself ready, wake Mason up and ready in half the time I'm used to. We finally made the compromise to drive halfway to the city park, then get out and walk from there. So off we went. The kids where happy when I dropped them off and then Mason and I turned around and walked back to our van. Mason liked it because we stopped so he could play at the park for a little while before we went home.The whole walk was 1 mile round trip and boy am I out of shape! I need to walk more so I have decided to drive to the park and walk to the school and back once a day, since I make 3 trips to the school each and everyday. I could build up to walking from our house to the school, which is 2+ miles round trip. We will see if I can make it to walking twice a day but that is a ways off.
I woke up this morning stiff and sore, but I walked today too. I hope that I can walk again tomorrow and keep it going. I'm proud of myself, especially since I found out that I have been sick the whole time. Now I need a nap!
1 comment:
that is great! you have to start somewhere, right?! keep it up.
Post a Comment