Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Little Wake up Call

I never thought of myself as one of those people who always had to complain about their lives, because I do see all the many things I've been blessed with, but today I had a little bit of a wake up call.  I was on Facebook and used an app to put all of my statuses for the year together .  Sitting reading them all together like that really knocked me for a loop because 95% of them where negative. 
I realized that although I do see my blessing I need to express them more.  I have been using Facebook and probably this blog to vent my frustrations.  Which is great for me but not so great for those reading it.  I must seem like the most miserable, unhappy person ever.  I'm really not, I just get overwhelmed very easily and I've never been one to be able to hold things in, although I've gotten better at it since I've been married.  I've just learned that if I keep things in to long they either turn toxic or I blow up.  I choose to see this as a blessing because I've been able to let go of some pretty horrible experiences in my life and move on.  But over the course of our marriage I've learned to hold my tongue, and Ryan has learned to express his feelings more.  We are truly opposites in so many ways, but in the end we balance each other out...another blessing. 
New Goal:  I need to learn express my feelings more to those around me and talk more of the good things going on in my life to others.  Life amazes me sometimes....we go for a run on this roller coaster and when we hit firm ground we are given these moments of clarity.  Did that make sense? 
For those that have read this blog or has me as a friend on Facebook, I apologize for being so negative.  I really didn't realize I was being that way until it was all put together in front of me.  So I've awakened and pledge to be better.  If I slip I hope you will remind me that I'm doing it again.  So here is to a better year of focusing on the blessings and not the trials. ;)

No comments: