Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Almost Death of Holly

Holly has been into everything lately. Today she claimed up onto the bathroom counter and figured out how to plug the sink and turn on the water, both of which she had not done before. She found playing in the water very fun and left Mommy with the mess.

We also, almost lost her today. I was taking some laundry down stairs and didn't hear anything because of the running water until I came out of our laundry room to hear blood curdling screams coming from the kids room. I ran upstairs to find Holly with the kids dresser pulled over and on top of her leg. One of the drawers was partly open so the full weight of the dresser wasn't on her leg, thank goodness. Talk about scared to death! I checked her out from head to toe and there are no broken bones, no blood, just a couple of scraps. We were very lucky!
I have no idea if she was on top of the dresser or she was opening all the drawers to climb up or what but I'm just so grateful that she wasn't crushed and/or killed by the whole thing. I have heard of kids being crushed by dressers falling on top of them and we almost became one of those stories today.
All is well for now but I don't know what to do with her. You would think that falling and being trapped under a dresser would have been enough of a scare for her today but NO... the moment I got the dresser back on its feet she was trying to climb right back up.
We will have to see what she gets into tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holly remnds me ofAnnie, he sh was little. Annie did the same thing..and ryan rescued her..i was at work. Luckly Holly hasn't broken any arms or legs..YET! Annie broke each arm at least once..and one of her arms twice, plus sheknocked out her front teeth..the joys of motherhood. Annie DID survive her childhood, so there is a GOOD chance Holly willtoo. The question is...will mother..survive? GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

Sarah's all ready told me to bolt all furniture into the wall. Fun times.