Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Almost There

I just got home from my doctor's appointment and it looks like we are almost there. I was dilated 2 cm, almost 100% effaced and at -2 station. Which means that we need to get ready for a baby. My mid-wife said not to go into labor this week-end because she was going out of town, but said to take it easy because we needed to get me to 37 weeks to make sure the baby's lungs were fully developed. I'm at 35 weeks and 3 days now so I'm just at the point of being really big and uncomfortable, (as you can see in the picture) but I don't want any problems with the baby.
I just hope that we can make it till Ryan's Dads Birthday on the 25th of this month but I don't know if we can but we will know more at my next doctors appointment on the 15th. I hope that Jim (Ryan's Dad) might except a new grandson for his birthday rather than our attendance at his party.
Ethan and Holly are getting excited to have a new baby brother. More Ethan than Holly because I'm not quite sure Holly really "gets it" even though she will point to and kiss my belly and say baby. Ethan on the other hand asks me if the baby is coming out today almost every day. He loves the idea that he will have a boy to play with and that they can "gang up on Holly". He already does that with his Dad now so I guess I'm really going to have to stick up for Holly once the baby is born.
We are thinking of other names too, Mason just doesn't feel right yet. SO....I have left it up to Ryan to name the baby. He knows that I am putting a lot of faith in him!!! I told him the names I like, the ones I can live with and those I can not, so at this point I don't even know what this baby's name with be. We have just agreed that his middle name will be William, after my grandfather and that I would like to give him two middle names like Ethan and give him a second middle name of John after my Dad. It looks like that is going to happen although Ryan has not said yes for sure. Anyway we will see how well my husband knows me and if he passes this very important test.
I will keep everyone up to date and will let you know of any new developments as they happen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still like Wooderson!! I have faith in Ryan too...I think!! Hang in there...just put your chair over the air conditioning vent!!

Guaglione said...

A second vote for Wooderson. It sounded funny at first, but I think it's growing on me.

Anonymous said...

try a THIRD vote fo WOODERSON..WOODY GRANQUIST sounds real nice and somehat professional as he will get older! keep us posted..and GOOD LUCK! rhonda

roperfamily said...

I think Mason Wooderson Aquafina Airiel Flame Granquist. Why not have all the elements in a name?