Monday, November 26, 2007

Holy Flurcking Schnit! Ethan's 5!

Well, the day came and and went. Out little guy is finally 5! It seems like yesterday I was driving Barb to the hospital after her water broke and singing "Every Sperm is Sacred" from "Monty Python and the Meaning of Life"-a movie I highly recommend.
This year's theme centered around Transformers-which Ethan thoroughly enjoys. He loves all of his birthday presents-he slept with Cobra Commander last night and gave me the thumbs-up sign when I asked him if he liked his G.I. Joes.

Holly and Mason took comfort in each other while Ethan was having praises heaped upon him. He was even looking forward to going to church for the first time in his life because he knew the primary would sing "Happy Birthday" to him. He takes after his father when it comes to his enthusiasm about going to chruch.
Also, we received a call today from our realtor-apparently the house we made an offer on fell through because we haven't been able to sell our home. They had somebody who could get financing faster all lined-up. Oh well, one day something will happen.

Oh yeah, I also want to recommend a book for all to read. It is "Who Moved My BlackBerry" by Lucy Kellaway. Ms. Kellaway is a writer for the London Financial Times. This book chronicles the life (in email) of Martin Lukes-A young (fictitional) executive on the rise. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard while reading a book. If you see it, pick it up.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your titles...come on! Thanks for the phone call...dad makes me laugh!!! I can't believe Ethan is five either...time flies!!!

Heather Palmer said...

I love your title! :) I can't believe he's 5 either! We're going to have to get together one of these days. Hopefully we'll make it out there for conference or something! And I'll have to check out that book.