Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Loss

Tonight we had a great loss in our little family. Our cat Lemmy, died unexpectedly. Lemmy was only 5 years old and we are not sure why he died. The only thing we can figure is that he ate something, he was always crewing on things and trying to eat things that would make him sick.
His death was hardest on Ryan and I. Ethan knows that Lemmy died but I don't think he really knows what it means. Holly doesn't know anything has really happened, she is still a little young, but we did sit down with the kids and tried to explain to them that Lemmy had gone to live with Heavenly Father.
Ozzy our other cat has started looking for Lemmy and crying for him. I think it is going to be a long night.
We will miss Lemmy very much as he really was a part of our family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry. truly sorry!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry!!!

Heather Palmer said...

I'm sorry! That is so sad.

Anonymous said...

My condolences, Really..it is VERY hard to lose a pet, even if it a cat (katie!) we have a nice stray, sort of..she/he lives at Hayes, behind us. He started his life out as an Ivy..then her name chang ed to Jasmine..Katie has named her/him Dennis..he is a VERY nice cat..just as loong as you feed him/her! I am sorry..Rhonda