Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Just when you think you've figured it out......



So today I was rather bored at work. It is the end of the year, my branches are all operationally sound and everyone is happy. I decided to come home from my office for a quick lunch and then head up to Logan for some quick visits. Barb and I decided that we probably wouldn't have any more interest in our home until after the holidays so we decided to pull out the Christmas decor and get things set. I think both of us could do without the tree this year, but this is such a special time for the kids and Ethan is especially excited. Why punish them right? So, needless to say, when I came home it was an utter disaster. The kids were all into the decorations and it seemed so messy.
As I was pulling out of the garage, Barb called me on my cell (amazing how we communicate these days-she could have just run out!) and told me the realtor just called her and said that a couple were coming over to view the condo. I told her that I would stay home, pulled back in the garage and helped her get the house ready. It was a miracle and we were able to have the house spic and span for our potential buyers.
Now as I am writing this blog, Ethan is making his 8th trip to the bathroom since family prayers. I really wish he would go to bed and fall asleep. He wanted to stay up with me but Barb said that he couldn't becuase he had school tomorrow. His response: "I don't care about school". I could immediately feel the surge of the angst of Jim Granquist rising. I remember the good old days of middle school with my "C" grades. I wish this wasn't starting so early. Well, I better go now. Have to wipe my son's bum.

3 comments:

lizzie said...

hope things went well for you...and for your condo too! ha!

lizzie said...

baby mason and baby tofur are sooo cute!

Annie said...

Like father like son...my kids are bound to be angels!!!