Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back into the Swing


Today Ryan had to go back to work and not just work from home. I am still not 100% but I guess that I have to be at least part of the time. Life doesn't always wait for you to recover fully, at least not these days. I was able to not get the big bad cold/flu that Ryan and the kids all got just before we moved and that suck around forever! But now that I have had to have some down time guess what - I think I've got the big bad cold on top of it all. Isn't life great!!
I am going to fight it with all I have. I have been blessed the the ability that if I can get myself to believe that I'm not sick my body won't think I'm not sick either. So far it has worked this year but it is a little harder once I already feel like crap. We shall see how well I can pull it off.
The kids are still having a hard time remembering that Mommy has some owies and that they still have to be careful. Isn't amazing how your kids just seem to think that you are invincible? I wish I was at times but then I wouldn't be able to appreciate the times when I am in tip top shape. When was that...maybe high school sometime? I forgot.
Ryan is getting ready to go to Chicago on the 30th and is so excited he can hardly stand it. I guess he is going to go to a Cubs game while he is there and is very excited. Ethan and Holly are excited just because they know that when Dad goes out of town he always brings back a "prize" for each of them. Plus, Ryan told Ethan last night that when he gets back that he will take him to go get a swing set. Boy Ethan is all excited about that! He has been asking for one even before we moved. Ryan has just been putting it off until the weather got better. So mark your calendars May 3rd is the big day and all are welcome to come over and break in the new toy.

1 comment:

katie said...

I'm jealous of his Chicago trip. I heard about it from dad. If he doesn't want to go to WICKED, maybe he should go to OPRAH. I know he'd love it!
Glad to hear you're functioning okay. Congrats on the soon to be swing set purchase. We have defiantely gotten the money out of ours. Your kids will love it.