Thursday, April 10, 2008

Holy *@!#, the Pain!

Last night I went though the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life! It was so bad I was blacking out, so I got Ryan to take me to the Instacare. Well it was my gallbladder. They had to give me 3 shots of morphine for the pain. Can I just say I love morphine! It made my world a much better place during all the examinations. So I have to get my gallbladder out.
I met with the surgeon today and I am all ready to go for the 18th of April. It should only be a day surgery as it will be a laparoscopic operation but they told me today that 5% of the time they have to open you up after they get in there. So we will have to see. I am hoping for just the day thing and I think Ryan is too. If they open me up I will have to spend a couple of days in the hospital which is not my idea of a vacation...or is it? No kids for a few days...
In the mean time I just have to watch what I eat and I have some good drugs on hand if I happen to have another attack.
Wish me luck and I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

lizzie said...

i really love morphine. for some reason i don't mind a morphine shot.

i hope all goes well. let me know if there is anything i can do out here in eagle.

Annie said...

So so so sorry! Doesn't sound like fun at all! Hang in there...let us know if you need anything!

katie said...

Holy cow. I wish you well. Ryan too. Just think of all the diapers he's going to get to change.

Sherry said...

Remember me? I'm Mike's sis. I had mine out last June. I was very nervous...I don't know why. But everything went soooo great! The anesthesia is what gets me. Once it is out of my system, though, I was good. There was discomfort when I tried to get up from lying down; but not huge pain. I took it very slowly the first week. Then started doing a lot more. If it was too much my body would tell me...not in pain; but exhaustion. My only piece of advice: take your lortab and anti-nausea pills...ask for them(even if you don't think you'll be needing it) on schedule for 3 days and you will be smiling. Good Luck!