
For the past few days I have felt like Ryan's Aunt Kathy. For those who don't know who she is, she is Ryan's Dad's Sister and is a very sweet elderly lady who doesn't like to ware her hearing aid. She also doesn't like to be left out of any conversation going on around her which leads her to say "What!?, What!?!".
Well due to this yucky cold I have developed Labyrinthitis (viral infection of the inner ear). I am dizzy all the time and only have about 25% of my hearing, which leaves me saying "What!?!" a lot. I am so very thankful for my ears!!! I feel the sudden urge to go read the Sunbeam lesson "I am thankful for my ears".
I have found that it was a good thing my kids have learned some sign language because I have asked them to sign what they want more than once and have found that we all need to brush up on our ASL (American Sign Language).
Well I am told it should clear up on it's own after a few days to weeks. Seeing how it has now been almost 7 days I think it will be the "weeks". My kids find it funny that I can't hear and they are trying to get into more things. What they don't realize is that they are so noisy all the time that if I can't hear them at all I go looking to see what they are into.
The good thing about all this is that I can't hear Mason as well in the middle of the night so he is learning to sleep through the night better. If that happens this will all be a blessing in disguise.
Well due to this yucky cold I have developed Labyrinthitis (viral infection of the inner ear). I am dizzy all the time and only have about 25% of my hearing, which leaves me saying "What!?!" a lot. I am so very thankful for my ears!!! I feel the sudden urge to go read the Sunbeam lesson "I am thankful for my ears".
I have found that it was a good thing my kids have learned some sign language because I have asked them to sign what they want more than once and have found that we all need to brush up on our ASL (American Sign Language).
Well I am told it should clear up on it's own after a few days to weeks. Seeing how it has now been almost 7 days I think it will be the "weeks". My kids find it funny that I can't hear and they are trying to get into more things. What they don't realize is that they are so noisy all the time that if I can't hear them at all I go looking to see what they are into.
The good thing about all this is that I can't hear Mason as well in the middle of the night so he is learning to sleep through the night better. If that happens this will all be a blessing in disguise.
5 comments:
Oh so sorry! That is not fun! Hang in there. Mason will learn, that is a good thing:)
Just think of the conversations that you and Kathy could have. Call her. It might make you feel better!
yucky! i think that there should be a rule that mom's should not be allowed to get sick--so sorry.
That is so cool you taught your kids sign language. I wish I would have done that- maybe I still will.
Hope you get better soon- sounds like you need a big break from being sick!
I hope you feel better soon and I agree with moms not being allowed to get sick that would be AWESOME!!!!
Post a Comment