Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer Fun

Yesterday, all the Granquist cousins came up and brought their Mom's for lunch and some summer fun. Liz, Anna and Mikie are over from Eagle, CO and they had not seen our new house yet, so I told everyone to come up and we would grill some hamburgers and get out the slippy slide for some fun.

So they got up here around 12:30 pm after getting a little lost (thanks to Grandpa ;)) and took Liz for a tour of the house. Erin had been here before so she showed Anna all the important parts of our house, like the play room and Holly's "Hello Kitty" room.

We got lunch on and of course half way through cooking the "Kabby Patty's" as Ethan likes to call them, we ran out of propane! Lucky the hot dogs were all cooked, so we could at least feed the kids. They were really ready for the water.
Well I am very happy that I had gotten a indoor electric grill at the end of last summer, so we were able to cook the burgers. Yeah!! Liz and Katie brought up some chips & dip, grapes and cookies to go with the burgers, hot dogs and a pasta salad I had made, so we had a really good lunch.

The moment that lunch was declared over the kids were all in their swim suits ready to go. So I had Ethan go out and fill up the pool and pull out the slippy slide. Well they had a blast!! All of them piled into the pool to cool off while I hooked up the slide. Katie took lots of pictures so all the pictures here are thanks to her. THANKS KATE!!

Ryan came home for a bit to say Hi and of course Ethan had to hit his Dad with a water gun. The race was on. They love to tease each other to no end. I guess it is that way with fathers and sons, always some kind of competition.

Well everyone stayed until just before 4 pm. Boy time flies while your having fun. Thanks to everyone for coming up for some summer fun. It was a blast!!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Wow, sorry I missed it! Looks like a lot of fun.

katie said...

It was fun. Thanks Barb. My kids are still talking about it.

lizzie said...

lots of fun...and great house too!

Gramma Dori said...

Sounds like a blast! We do the same thing on Wednesdays. Wednesday is "Day at Grandmas" for all the grandkids. We swim and blow up the Jump-a-Roo and have a picnic lunch on the patio. It's great fun! Oh ya, I do blog about my lapband surgery, look on my Memoirs blog under "My Other Blogs" on the side and it will take you to that blog. It's going well, sure love you guys, have fun!

Raimi said...

Loved the photos! Cracking up @ the one of Ryan & Ethan-Classic!Looks like a great afternoon!