Okay it is Monday and I am blogging about what happened on Saturday. Some how I can't ever get to blogging on the day that things happen. Why is that?? Anyway on Saturday I went down to Sandy and had a little bit of a girls day. Rhonda, my mother-in-law gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure and lunch, for my Birthday and since Liz (SinL) was in town we decided to make it a girls day. This was my first experience having a pedicure so it was very exciting for Rhonda and my sister-in-laws being the ones to get my feet wet, sort of speak, with my first time.
I think I have been married to Ryan too long because now I am very shy about anyone touching my feet. Why is it that the traits of your spouse rub off on you?? Or is it just me?
Anyway I left the kids home with Ryan and ventured down. We went to Cafe Rio (yummy) for lunch. Mickey (Liz's best friend) and her Mom meet us there for lunch. Annie (SinL) couldn't make it to lunch :(, we missed her, but she was able to meet us for the big pedicure.
After lunch we stopped at Payless Shoes and I got me a new pair of sandals. I figured if I was going to have such pretty toes I should have something to ware to show them off.
Then we went to the nail salon. It was quite the sight. I think we took up every chair in the place, as there was 7 of us!! Rhonda, Kate, Liz, Annie, Mikey, her Mom (sorry I can't remember her name), and then one of Kate's neighbours which I can't remember her name also. I think I am getting old, can't remember names anymore.
Well, it was great they really do everything to help you relax, although I couldn't. I think being my first time I didn't really know what I was doing and was nervous. But Mikey gave a good show. She is apparently very ticklish and was laughing, I mean rolling all the was through.
It was really fun and I think I will have to do it again so that I can really relax and enjoy it.
Holly loved the flowers on my big toes and now she has been bugging me to paint her toes. Ryan just gives me a dirty look. He HATES painted toes, fingers anything but I guess he is going to have to get used to it having a daughter. And he is having to live through my painted toes because I refuse to take it off. I'll ware it until it comes off or looks really bad, which ever comes first. (tee,he)
Thanks Rhonda for treating me and doing something for me that I would have never done for myself!!
8 comments:
feet are disgusting!
feet are a utilitarian appendage meant for getting around.
Boobs on the other hand......:)
ryan, you need to have a change of heart. its not like we are asking YOU to give her a pedicure!
your toes look fabulous barb!!! we'll do it again sometime, and then again and again!!!
love the color! I can see Ryans point but I think having someone take care of you for a day is worth every penny. Glad to hear you took some time for yourself!!
ask ryan if you should paint one of your boobs, if that would be ok?!!! tell him to suck it up and get used to it! it was fun and YES< we will do it again, and again, and again! so there, Ryan!
love the toes! next time, go red! cherry red!
It was a great time. Ryan's just jealous because it's against nature for men to have polish on their toes. I think he secretly wants a pedicure.
Way to go Barb! I love getting my nails and toenails done anytime, anywhere. Cyndi does mine all the time. She says since I helped put her through school, she owes me. I love that part. Anyway, do it again and again! You'll learn to love it. I promise!
Yeah for you! I love getting pedicures! It is something that we (moms) can do for oursleves. If you ever make it out to my neck of the woods, I am treating you & RAYN to one-HA!
Post a Comment