Yes, my 5 year old has a love interest!! But let me start from the beginning.Last night we went down to Ryan's parents to help celebrate Ryan's sister, Liz's birthday. Liz's best friend Mikey and her family were there too, and Mikey has a daughter named Megan. Did you get all that? Well Ethan was VERY taken with Megan.
All the kids went for a walk (with grown-up supervision, of course) to see the light rain trains that go by not too fair from Ryan's parents place. I guess that Ethan and Megan were holding hand as they walked and talked. I wish I would have seen it and taken a picture!
As we drove home after we left Ethan went on and on about how nice Megan was, that she was his age and was going to Kindergarten this year too. I asked him what they talked about, he really got excited and told me all about how she knew about super heroes and star wars and what characters she likes to pretend to be. It was really cute to hear him go on and see his eyes light up when he talked about her. He even asked when we could go to her house and play!!
I could only think about two things the whole time he was talking...
1) Boy has he got it bad, and 2) My Ethan married to a Huffman. LOL ;) When I said something to that effect to Ryan he just mumbled something about being related to Mickey and then said "I don't think so". But I did get him to admit that it was very cute that Ethan was so taken with Megan. At least we don't have to worry about him not liking girls!
BUT anyone who talks to Ethan PLEASE don't tease him about having a girl friend!! He gets REALLY upset and you can just see it in his eyes how crushed he is. Ryan has already teased him and we had to calm him down after, so Megan is just his "very good friend", okay - Thanks!!
My little boy is growing up and I'm sure this is just the start.
7 comments:
it really was the cutest thing ever!!! they had so much fun. and don't worry, i won't tease ethan! i approve!!!
Mickey seems like a terrific mom, so i'd keep Meagan in your sights when you help Ethan find a girl to marry. Seems so far away doesn't it?(cute story!)
Oh the thought...Ryan and Mickey, related through marriage. Makes me laugh. it really was a cute sight!
You guys better be hangin onto yer car keys!!!
Oops I deleted my comment. Rrg. Anyway...they'll make a cute couple! :)
Thanks for the blog Barb I loved it. It really was cute to watch them and I too wished I had a camera. They really did carry on about Star Wars, it was cute. You all are welcome to come for a play date anytime. Just have Ethan bring a light saber so they can act out their favorite scenes. Megan's saber is green, let Ethan know. I'm sure he'll know it's Yoda's color.
Post a Comment