Monday, August 11, 2008

Ready or Not

I have come to realize lately that our lives are going to change here very soon. Ethan is growing up so fast and now it is time for him to be a kid, not just a preschooler. Which means my role as a Mom is changing and I don't know if I'm up to it.

Ethan starts elementary school in two weeks. I will have to get used to getting up early to get him to school and homework. Wow it's been a long time since I've had to worry about homework.

He also starts soccer in a week so I get to go to little league soccer games and practices once a week as well. Anyone who would like to come and watch him play, just let me know and I will give you all the details as to where and when. He is so excited for both school and soccer and feels like he is becoming such a "Big Kid".

Holly also starts preschool in three weeks and is so excited. She was always so sad last year when we would drop Ethan off at preschool and she didn't get to go. Now it is her turn.

She is kind of bummed that she doesn't have to go shopping for school supplies but was happy to be able to get a backpack all her own. She has been waring it all over the house, ready at a moments notice to go to school. Her smile is just so big and so very cute your can't help but smile back.

Mason is turning the big 1 in 2 1/2 weeks and is cruising all over the place. He get upset all the time because he is not able to do everything that his brother and sister get to do. When he finally walks on his own I know I will have to watch him very closely so he doesn't run off into the neighbourhood after Ethan and Holly. I think Ryan will have to finish the fence here very soon. As you can see from the picture he has a temper on him. He was upset that I he wasn't allowed to play on the computer with his brother. Boy am I in for it!

But my kids are all growing up and all too fast in someways. It makes me feel inadequate for what I will have to prepare them for in the future. But change is good, right? So ready or not....

3 comments:

Annie said...

you will do just fine! enjoy the change. now you can go into a store with just one child instead of three! that is something in and of itself!!!

Mari said...

yep, it's sad. i hate it. although you will really like this age...at least i do. i like annie's comment, so true-

Gramma Dori said...

Enjoy it while you can, before you know it they will all be gone!