Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Random

Just a few random things...

1. Mason is pulling himself up on EVERYTHING!!! He is getting better at it every day and has even started to "cruse" but is also very cranky. He gets so frustrated that he can't make his little body work the way he wants it too (i.e. walking) and is not too happy about being told NO. He is just not the happy little guy he once was. I hope this phase does not last long.

2. Holly is sick AGAIN!! I am starting to think this house is cursed. My kids never used to get sick this often. I don't know if it's because they now are outside all the time, if it's because they now have friends they see more often or if it's just I have more kids. I hope it is just the timing of our lives and not the house.

3. I'm convinced that Ethan is addicted to video games. We have put a limit of 2 hours a day on him and that includes his computer time. Video games are the first thing he wants to do in the morning and then when his time is up he tries to convince me that computer time is not the same thing as video game time. Little stinker.
He was really mad yesterday when he found out that once school starts he will only get 1 hour of game time and that he has to do his homework BEFORE he can play anything. Life is so hard! :(

4. I am so tired!! Between Holly and Mason I have not been getting a whole lot of sleep.

5. I am so bored with everyday life. I have a ton of stuff to do but just no desire to do it. I've been feeling like I need a creative outlet. I would love to start scrapbooking again but nowhere to do it without my kids getting into it. Besides I haven't done it in so long I don't know how to anymore. But I have been watching a lot of HGTV (Home and Garden TV) and have been getting itchy to start doing something with my new house. But once again I am discouraged. Not enough money, with school and then Christmas coming up. And what do I do with my kids? I can't even empty the dishwasher without a child right there trying to "help". I guess my creative side will have to wait, while I'm having to be super Mommy. A time and season for everything, right?

Well that is it for now. TTFN

4 comments:

lizzie said...

so true. but maybe you can take a scrapbook class one night a month or something to have a time-out for yourself. i think that having your own time is very important! at least it is for me and my mental health. plus, happy mom equals a happy home!

Jeanna said...

I know how you feel but I can't complain I only have one! It won't last forever though. I didn't know you liked those books too! Mari is forcing me to read them so we'll see. (J/K Mari)

Raimi said...

Okay, when I was in Chicago @ CHA I saw this new table that was created for people w/out a scrapping space. It is a good sized table with grooves for a work space & little spots for your tools,pens & projects. When you are done, you lift each side up, kind of like flaps (right & left)& it covers your work space. That creates a normal, smooth table top. You put the legs down & it slides uder your bed or maybe even under a couch. I hope that kind of made sense, I know I am not doing it justice. I will see if I can find the link. Kind of a cool thing. Even if you could scrap during nap time or for an hour after bed. I understand the need/want to let your creative energy go. Do something for yourself(like Lizzie said), even if it is taking a class or going to a crop. My Mom always says that it is cheaper than therapy. John might beg to differ after I shop @ those stores :). Good luck!

Really Wild West Mama said...

Hang onto yer hat, Barb (and Ryan)!!! IT won't be long before Ethan asks you for the car keys! ....and not much longer before Holly and Mason will be too!!! ...just something to ponder as you fly around!

I NEVER thought that would EVER happen! Now, about 3 of my GRANDchildren only have a year or 2!!!!

I MEAN it!!!!! Hang onto yer hat!