Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Before and After

Okay, now I am finished painting for now. I'm tired, my kids are tired of having their Mom's focus somewhere other than with them and Ryan's tired of a dirty house. So I think I have done enough for right now. I will probably want to start up again next week knowing me but for now I like what I've done.

I still have my Big wall in my entryway to do but I have to figure out how to do it without a really tall ladder because I don't have one and do it with out killing myself because of it. But that will be the one thing that will be on my mind for the next week.

Now without further a due here is the before picture...
And here are the after pictures....

And the hall way, which was all white. If you look closely you can see the different shades between the wall to you left and the rest of the hall.

I know you have to look hard. It's just a picture so you will all have to come to our house and see for yourself.

I have only used half a gallon of paint so I think I can convince Ryan that I should get another color and I can do my bathroom with only half a gallon and then do Holly's room with even less than that. She wants to have textured pink stripes on her walls. Yes, she picked it out. She saw a room just like what she wants in a magazine I have of different kids rooms.
Ethan is bugging me to paint his room too but it changes weekly as to what he wants to do with it. The latest is a Red Socks room, as in Boston Red Socks. Which I think would be cute but the decal he wants is $99.98 so that is out and I don't know if I'm up to trying to draw the Red Socks logo on his wall and then painting it. I think I have another idea for it but now I just need to convince Ethan and get him to not change his mind.
Oh, the fun of decorating a new house. But I'm having fun. It's a kind of therapy for me and I think Ryan likes having me happy. I'm kind of like the way Ryan is after he has found a really cool Star Wars action figure. I just have to make sure the house is clean before I start a new project. :)

5 comments:

Annie said...

amazing! the difference it can make. it looks so good. and way to do it all alone!!! good luck with the rest.

katie said...

Looks great barb. This is only the beginning of the projects.

Jeanna said...

Looks great!! Change is fun!

Raimi said...

My Mom has always said that the cheapest way to give a room an over haul (new look) is to paint! It looks great Barb! Color on my walls makes me happy too! I thought John was going to die when the red wall in our kitchen took 7,yes 7 coats of paint. It was a ton of work but I LOVE IT!

lizzie said...

oh, i wish i could paint! it just warms up a room. and yours looks great! good job!