My kids have been into this kids show on Nick Jr. called "Yo Gabba Gabba" for some time, especially Holly. But Mason has started watching it with Holly and it is amazing how it can hold his attention.I like it because it teaches some really good lessons. One of the creators of it is a return missionary from Rexburg, Idaho as well as the lead singer of the "Aquabats". Ryan likes it because of the Aquabats thing as well as one of the reoccurring charters on the show is "Mark" who just happens to be the lead singer of the 80's group "Devo". For those who don't know Devo is one of Ryan's favorite groups. It has lots of guest appearances from different celebrities like Elijah Wood, Tony Hawk and "Jan" from the office. It also has musical guests like Super Nova, Paul Williams (does anyone remember him?) and Boy Meets World.
Anyway it is a really fun show so check it out. And for those who don't have cable a DVD is coming out later this month so you can rent it, or you can just come over and watch it with Holly because we have all 24 episodes ever aired on our DVR. Here is a sample I found on You Tube..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2q55gMrOgABut Holly has really gotten into the charter "Fufa" (the pink one with the flower on top of her head). She has a "Fufa" shirt and a set of the action figures.
Now they are coming out with a whole bunch of new clothes and toys. I saw that they had the hats and mittens at Walmart and got Mason a set of "Brobee" ones. Holy cow did Holly freak out!! We picked her up from school and saw the hat on Mason and said "I want one!". When I told her not today and maybe she would get one from Santa. She did NOT like that answer. She wanted to go to Walmart right then and get a "Fufa" hat. So now she is mad at me and just tells me I'm not very nice. Oh the things that our kids go crazy over!
3 comments:
Yo Gabba Gabba is a freaking life saver in our house. Henry loves loves loves it! Glad we're not alone. Does it ever drive you crazy how those songs get stuck in your head. Hugs are fun, hugs are fun! :)
Honestly never heard of Yo Gabba Gabba. Pretty sure my kids haven't either. Oh well.
I have never heard of it!! I make my kids watch Disney all the time . , ,
Post a Comment