Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Getting Caught Up

- I have been tagged by both Raimi and Karly. So scroll down and see the two posts below.

- Mason has learned how to crawl down our stairs. He has loved the freedom of being able to go anywhere in our house. I am not too sure about it because I can't seem to keep him out of the cat food and water. I guess we are going to have to invest in a kitty door, and hope we can find one that he can't get through.
- Ethan had his first real wipe out on his bike and of course he wasn't wearing his helmet. He had a pretty good gash in his head which probably could have used a couple of stitches but I just glued it together with some liquid bandage that I keep on hand. His Dad has made such a big deal out of him having a really cool scar that Ethan is now wearing it with pride.
I know I'm a terrible Mother for not taking him to the doctor but I figure if I can clean it out really well to prevent infection why spend the money on a doctor when I can do just as good of a job. I guess if it had been Holly I might have taken her because girls are a little more sensitive about there looks. And that is a big "might".

Before..

After...
- Ethan has had this loose tooth in the front, bottom of his mouth for about a week and a half. I have been telling him to keep wiggling it so that it can come out. Well he hasn't been very good about it and now his permanent tooth is growing in behind it. I am taking him to the dentist in about an hour to have it taken care off. Now if I can get him to work on pushing that new tooth into place so that we don't have to look forward to braces when he gets older. That is my goal. Ryan had to have braces, but I didn't because my Mom had me massage each of my teeth in so I wouldn't have to have braces. So guess what - my Mom was right and Ethan is going to get to do the same thing that I had to. Then he can take pride in a dentist telling him what perfect teeth he has someday.

- My friend Lesli got us tickets to see Twilight on Friday night! I'm so excited not only to see the movie but to get out of the house with no kids and enjoy some time friends. I don't do that very often and it is starting to show in my stress levels. So Ryan and I have talked about it and it is our goal to give me some "Mommy" time. I really need Ryan to support me in this because I'm the type of person who won't do it unless it is made easy for me to do. I just don't do things for myself. I have major guilt, why I don't know. Well maybe I guess I have just watched my Mom not take any time for herself all my life and just grew up thinking that is what being a Mom is. So now I have to make myself relearn the definition of Mom.

That's it for now. Don't forget to scroll down for the "tag" posts.

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

Good idea with the liquid bandage, I would have freaked but you are right about the doctor! I've never heard of the teeth massage how does it work? 4 day until twilight!!!

Karly said...

Ouch!! I'm not going to let Karson see that picture ... he STILL won't ride his bike!

I'm going to Twilight on Friday too! I'm making Brandon go with me!!!

mickey said...

I am a firm beliver in "mommy time" good for you to go out with your friends and good for Ryan to support you. I truly believe a little time invested in ourselves really does help us to be better mommies, the ones we hope to be.

I loved Ethan pictures, he is a real trooper. Chicks dig scars~just keep telling him that.

p.s. natalie and mason would have a real good time chasing each other around the house. She'd race him to our dog's food, we have the same problem.

Mari said...

Thats a nasty gash! Lissa got one today- they (instacare) glued it up. Surprise kids are as tough as they are@!

how was twilight? I'm hearing very mixed reviews!