Friday, December 5, 2008

Better Late the Never

So as you can see I have been a total slacker and not posted anything for a long while. Not that I haven't had anything to post but because we have had a lot of things going on and that I gave my self some "me" time to reread the whole Twilight series. It is amazing how when I am too stressed out with reality that if I can escape into the world of fantasy for just a little while it helps me to unwind.
Anyway I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We just had Thanksgiving here at our house as Ryan's parents went to Colorado to spend the holiday with his sister Liz and her family. I hope they had a great time! I know how much it means to have some of your own family around once and awhile.

But we had a nice quiet day with the full spread for dinner. I did the trimmings and Ryan cooked the turkey. He is really good at turkey's maybe because he is one. Oh, did I just say that? ;) tee he...

We also celebrated Ethan's 6th Birthday the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. We had a party for him the Sunday before his birthday with Ryan's family and some friends. Then on his birthday we took him to Magrath's Fish house for dinner. When we asked him were he wanted to go for his birthday he said, "the place with the flags in the fish sticks". It took us a little bit to figure out the place he meant but we all had a great time. He got a free chocolate sundae and they put a big fish hat on his head while they sang "Happy Birthday" to him.

Now we are getting ready for the Christmas holidays. I just finished with the decorating yesterday and we have been slowly gathering some of the kids gifts and locking them away in a closet we have down stairs. We had to put a pad lock on it just after we moved in to keep Ethan out of his Dad's Star Wars toys. It has come in handy with birthday's and Christmas.

Well I am going to try and keep up better during the holidays. I think I will just keep my laptop up on the kitchen table so that I can do just that. We are going to be taking pictures of the kids int he next couple of days for our Christmas card and getting those out soon.

2 comments:

Annie said...

i look forward to your christams card! so sorry we missed ethan's party. we didn't want to get anyone sick. maybe i should re-read twilight too...good idea!

lizzie said...

sounds like you had a great time! and happy late birthday ethan! we miss you guys.