I hope everyone had a great Halloween. Our was fun but mostly uneventful. We only had a little over a half dozen trick or treaters. I was hoping for more because we have so many kids in our neighbourhood but I guess since we live in the older part of the area that all the kids go over to the new part and trick or treat there. Not that we live that far into the older part. You see our house is about 3 houses down from the newer subdivision but I guess kids (and their parents) think that since the houses are newer that they have better candy. Its kind of sad because most people over here have just stoped passing out candy.But Ethan and Holly headed over to the newer part of the neighbourhood with their good friend
Patrick to trick or treat. Ryan went with them and I stayed home with Mason.Ryan said that their was tons of kids running all over the place and there were lots of houses that went all out with decorating. One house even had a haunted house put together in their garage.
They were finished before it got too dark and I promptly went through their candy. I let them have a little bit of candy before I put most of it up. They would keep eating until it was all gone if I let them. Then we would have put up with the tummy ache that would have followed. So now they have lots to keep them in candy into the new year.
We were going to have a Halloween party but everyone back out so it was just us and Patrick. We had some good soup and bread for dinner, Lobster Bisk, yum.... Ryan's Mom and Dad did come up to see the kids and give them each a little treat which they loved. Treats are always welcome with my kids.
But that was it for our little Halloween. Like I said fun but uneventful. Maybe I will be a little more creative and try again next year for more of a get together of friends and neighbours. But I have another year to work on it.
Now onto the exciting and eventful things that have happened.
Ethan has had a great couple of days. He finally figured out how to ride his bike with no training
wheels. It has taken his a little while because he wanted to do it all on his own but he kept up with it and now is off and having a great time. He came in yesterday and said, "Mom riding a two wheeler is so much more fun than just riding a scooter!" He has been out as much as we would let him just riding his bike up and down the street. Loving every minute of it.
wheels. It has taken his a little while because he wanted to do it all on his own but he kept up with it and now is off and having a great time. He came in yesterday and said, "Mom riding a two wheeler is so much more fun than just riding a scooter!" He has been out as much as we would let him just riding his bike up and down the street. Loving every minute of it. Also, last night Ethan has gotten his first loose tooth. It is just starting to wiggle but it should be coming out here in the next week. He is so excited about the Tooth Fairy coming. My Mom got him a little book and a "tooth pillow" when she was here this past summer and Ethan cant wait to use it now. He has been wanting to brush his teeth constantly so that he can get top dollar for it. What is the going rate for a tooth these days anyway? When I was Ethan's age I got a quarter a tooth. I'm sure it has to be up to a dollar a tooth, right? But it has just been so much fun to watch Ethan. My little boy is growing up, eh?
Then I woke up this morning, Mason finally has had his first molar break through the surface. The poor kid has had them come up and go back down so many times in the past few months he has been in almost constant pain. But now one has broken through and I am very relived. I hope the others break through soon. Mason wants so much to eat what his brother and sister do but I have been worried about his chewing without teeth. I will be happy to feed him more regular food too, because he will be able to feed himself and that is one less thing that I have to do. Is that selfish of me? So that has been all the wonderful things going on in our little lives over the past few days. Now we are getting ready for Ryan to go back to work tomorrow and looking forward to Ethan's 6th Birthday on the 25th of November. I can't believe that he is going to be 6! All to soon he will be 16 and wanting the car keys. Boy, do I feel old!
Hope everyone is enjoying the "End of Day light Savings" so don't forget to turn your clocks back!
3 comments:
Glad you had a good halloween. Sounds like many fun events going on. Congrats on the bike Ethan!
i love your pictures! very fallish. glad all is going well...
Your kiddos look so cute! this was the first year that we had a ton of kids. it was insane! There were 150 kids on the street @ one time(from end to end).It has never been like that! it was fun! i am glad you had A happy & safe halloween.
Post a Comment