Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas

A Happy Christmas to one and all! I just wanted to be sure to wish everyone a happy holiday because it could be a few days before I will post any pictures of the mayhem that will ensue tomorrow morning.
The kids are bouncing and driving me crazy today. They just don't understand why on earth we would want a clean house for Christmas. I told them it was because if Santa came tonight and our house was a mess then we wouldn't know where to leave the gifts, so they might not get any. Ethan's response to that was "oh he will leave the presents Mom, because you always clean up after we go to bed so no big deal." The little smarta**, I mean...well you know.
I'm a little disappointed because I ordered Ryan some fun gifts on the 15th and 3 of them are not going to be here for tomorrow morning. So I'm having to print off color pictures of them to wrap up. Ryan's says that it is no big deal but it still is a disappointment for me not to see him open them on Christmas morning. They really are cool!
But on a happy note my cousin Heather and her little family made it to Calgary safely. I have been worried about them all week. They have been living in Portland for the last few years while her husband completed chiropractic school and he just graduated last week. So they packed up their family (they have two little ones Ethan and Holly's ages) and were driving with all there belongings from Portland, OR to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. As you may have seen on the news, Portland and the whole Northwest part of the US was hit with the worst storm(s) since 1963 this past week. Sounds like they had a bit of a hard time getting out of Portland, but they arrived safely in Calgary last night. Just in time for Christmas. Yeah!!
Well I hope that everyone knows how much we love and are thankful for each and everyone of our families and extended families as well as all of our dear friends. We have truly been blessed and hope you all have a wonderful and safe Christmas.

5 comments:

Jeanna said...

That's funny sounds like Isaac, I gotta instill some work ethics before this get outta control!!Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a Very Happy Safe New Year.

katie said...

We had the exact same conversation on Christmas Eve about a clean house.
Merry Christmas!

katie said...

We had the exact same conversation on Christmas Eve about a clean house.
Merry Christmas!

Raimi said...

Hope your Christmas was fabulous. Your little Ethan is smarty pants-I LOVE it!. Have a happy & safe New Years Eve!

Hugs!