We had a very good Christmas and enjoyed our new home so much during the holidays. We did really well not to go overboard this year on gifts and I for one enjoyed the holiday more knowing we were not going to have to continue to pay for it into the New Year.
Although we were hit with a pretty big storm on Christmas day we were still able to go down to Ryan's parents house to have dinner and exchange family gifts. We had Katie & Mike's family this year and they had ours. They gave us each a really cool bean thing that you warm up in the microwave. They work like hot water bottles and keep your bed/toes warm with out the danger of leaking. That is just what they remind me of because I can remember being in my Grandparents house and all of us girls (me and my aunts) lining up at the stove to have our hot water bottle filled just before bed. Now it is Ethan and Holly lining up in front of the Microwave waiting for there "snuggy" as they have dubbed them, to be warmed up. They use them almost every night, as have I, Ryan being the only one not to. But then again he is usually the one trying to open the window or turning on the ceiling fan. I think he is just enjoying not having me stick my cold feet on him every night. ;)
Ryan got me a new camera for Christmas and I have loved it because it is just a step down from the professional ones and takes really good pictures. Although as you can tell from some of the pictures below it took me awhile to figure out how to use it. So please forgive some of them.
Anyway I am just going to put a bunch of pictures below so you can see our holiday and I hope you all had a great Christmas/New Years too.
Waiting to be able to come up and see what Santa brought.

The aftermath of present opening.

Ethan & Holly playing Holly's new "Dora the Explorer Saves the Snow Princess" Wii game.



Mason taking a "ba ba" break. Notice he won't take his had off his new Mono guitar.

Ethan and Holly waiting for the ball to drop at midnight (EST). We never told them it was really only 10 pm our time. 
5 comments:
Your house looks like ours on Christmas morning!
Enjoy your new camera.
10 or 12, its all the same!!! looks like fun!
Looks like a fun Christmas. I had to laugh @ your comment about Ryan opening windows. THat is so John. He wears shorts everyday & It was 45 today-bbrrr.
ps i stick my cold toes on him when I jump into bed every night too-:O:!
i prefer to be cold when i sleep too.
Happy New Year! Loved your Cmas card.
Dan opens the window TOO in the winter. It drives me nuts. He bought me an electric blanket so I won't freeze.
Post a Comment