Finally early this morning Ethan's tooth that has been loose for almost 2 months now, came out. Ethan pulled it out him self and it was "easier than he thought it would be". He was so excited and now that he knows that wiggling it with his tongue works (Mom was right - wow) hopefully we will have a better time with the next one.As you can see from the picture his permanent tooth is almost all the way in behind were his lost tooth was. Now if I can just get him to listen to me and push on it to get it into place "maybe" and that's a BIG maybe he can avoid braces.
Ethan is the one of my kids that doesn't trust anything anyone says to him. He has always "known" better since he was a baby. Let me tell you I can't wait till he is a teenager! At least I know he trusts me more than anyone else because I have always tried to tell him the truth. I was the one to tell him that shots hurt and always prepared him for what was coming. But for some reason he has a paranoid streak in him. It has got to be a dormant genetic thing that has come out because we have tried to raise him in a way that we should be trustworthy.
He still has a dentist appointment scheduled for the first part of next year. He has to have the other 3 of his front bottom teeth pulled and two cavities filled. I'm hoping that another one of his teeth comes out before then. The less time he spends in the chair the less likely he has to turn into his Dad. I think it is going on what 15 or more years since Ryan has seen a dentist. I think we would have to knock him out just to get him in the door. Somehow I hope that Ryan can rise to the occasion an be a better example to Ethan but I'm not holding my breath. Total anti-dentite!
Well we are looking forward to the visit from the Tooth Fairy tonight. I wonder what a tooth goes for these days?
1 comment:
Way to go Ethan! Kind of doesn't even look like he lost a tooth thanks to the tooth behind.
And really...can you push a tooth into place? I've never heard of such a thing. Really.
Post a Comment