I am just dreading the next 7 to 10 days. I am still in the middle of trying to refinish my kitchen cabinets and all of my kids are sick with this yucky cough/cold. Poor Mason had his 18 month check up yesterday where he had a fever, the cold, the start of yet another ear infection and then got 3 shots! He was so sick with fever, yuck and his legs hurt him so bad he couldn't stand yesterday that he just wanted to be held all day, which he got for the most part. But the doctor said that he is growing wonderfully and developing at the right rate so that is a plus.
Then this coming Tuesday is our next big Enrichment activity that I'm in charge of, being the Enrichment Leader and all. We are having a dinner and program to celebrate the Relief Society founding/birthday. The activity itself is stressful enough on a normal day but this one half of my committee has been released, selling there house or just had a baby. So I'm TOTALLY stressed out and shorthanded with no one willing to commit to help, only a "we will see what we can do". (sigh)
To top it off the only week that Ryan could get off to put in our new kitchen floor is next week. He wants to start ripping up tile this weekend so we can get it all done within the week.
So to recap my total insanity - my kids are sick, my kitchen is about to get ripped up while I am having to get food and handouts ready for 50+ people for my big Enrichment activity. Boy I wish they would release me!!!!
Don't get me wrong I am willing to serve in almost any church calling I'm given but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. I just get too stressed out because everything always seems to converge at the same time. Then I need time to recover and that time is never there. I think I would welcome being committed for awhile in a big white room. Ah bliss....
3 comments:
I know how you feel!! I was enrichment leader once . . . I was almost 9 mos pregnant (and HUGE) and had to set up a dozen tables & chairs by myself, then take them all down after the activity!!
At least you'll have a really nice floor when it's all over.....
Hope your Enrichment evening went well. I was called to be the activity chair when Brody was just 2 1/2 months old. Nothing like throwing parties for 250(plus) people & hauling your 4 kids around to shop for those parties-LOL! I figure it is just for a littel season of my life. I have learned that once I love a calling it is then that I get released. I have learned to LOVe them all right from the start-LOL! Hang in there.
Post a Comment