Monday, May 18, 2009

Winding Down / Gearing Up

The school year is almost over, just 3 weeks left until Ethan will be done with Kindergarten. Holly just had her last class in preschool for the year and all we have left is her end of the year program tomorrow. She is so excited to sing and preform. We just got her class pictures and she is so cute, if I do say so my self. Holly loves school and can't wait to go back. I can't believe that once summer is done it will be only 1 year until Mason will be in preschool and Holly goes to Kindergarten. I'm looking forward to the quite during the day but I am getting way ahead of myself, because when I do that too much I end having something happen like getting pregnant again. NO! (Knock on wood) I'm too old to have any more babies!!! I will be 38 next week and I think I am going to go get fixed this summer. Then I can get rid of all the baby stuff in my house which leads me to my next subject.
I know spring is almost over but April is too rainy to do much and May is so busy for us that spring cleaning doesn't really get started around here until the end of May, first of June. I am itching to do a MAJOR purge of all the junk in my house. I would just take it all to the DI or Salvation Army but I think we are going to do a yard sale. The proceeds to go to our hopefully still on vacation to Canada. It just kind of drives me crazy to put those things aside for a yard sale and have my kids go through everything and throw a fit over "you can't sell this, I love this!". It must be a Granquist gene because I have the same problem with Ryan sometimes. He gets it from his Mom, sorry Rhonda, but you don't throw anything out or give it away without help from an outside source.
I still have to finish my kitchen before next week when I going to have everyone over for Holly's birthday party. Plus my Aunt Cherri said she is going to try to come and see me the last week-end in May when she is in Idaho Falls for my cousins Mission farewell. So I have to get things together just in case. Then my Mom will be here the middle of June. My kids are so excited to see Grandma Bo, mainly because they get to go to Toys r' us and spend some of her money. But also because we get to do fun stuff while she is here.
Anyway I will post picture of Holly's preschool program tomorrow and then my finished kitchen. So I guess I better get busy.

No comments: