This morning we all went to see Holly preform in her end of the year preschool program. She sang her little heart out and a lot of the songs I have heard her singing to herself around the house for the last couple of weeks.Her big performance was as a duck in "5 Little Ducks" number. The picture isn't too clear, sorry I showed up 1/2 hour before it was to start and was still in the very back. She was so cute though.
Mason lost interest about half way through so Ryan and Ethan took him into the back hall and let him run around so that I could video tape most of the performance. If anyone wants to come over and have a screening of her grand performance we would be happy to provide.
This is what Mason & Ethan were up to...playing under the stairs.
And this is where Ryan put Mason before too long. Can you tell it's on the top of the coat rack.
Once the performances where over they had each class come up and get there completion certificates or diplomas. Holly loved this and was so proud. She wanted a graduation hat that all the 4 year old's were getting, so I had to explain to her that she would get one next year when she graduated from preschool. She has one more year to go and then it will be her turn. She seemed Okay with that because she loves her school and her teachers and is excited to be able to go back next year.
And this is where Ryan put Mason before too long. Can you tell it's on the top of the coat rack.
Once the performances where over they had each class come up and get there completion certificates or diplomas. Holly loved this and was so proud. She wanted a graduation hat that all the 4 year old's were getting, so I had to explain to her that she would get one next year when she graduated from preschool. She has one more year to go and then it will be her turn. She seemed Okay with that because she loves her school and her teachers and is excited to be able to go back next year.
Holly loved preforming and getting all dolled up for the big day. I spent 1/2 curling her hair and I even let her have some mascara on. I was reading my Aunt Dori's blog the other day and she saw pictures of my cousins girls waring make-up for their dance recitals. Holly asked why they got to ware make-up and I explained to her that little girls could ware make-up just for performances. Well this morning she reminded me that she was performing and she needed to have some make-up on. So I gave in. She is such a girl!
It was so fun and now she is out for the summer and is looking forward to living in her swimming suit for a few months before going back to school.
3 comments:
Congrats to Holly. We too are looking forward to swimsuit season. I just hate all the sunscreen that goes with it!
congratulations. looks like fun! the new background looks great barb!
YAY for Holly on finishing her 1st year of preschool. Have a great summer. I am hoping to sleep in a few mornings this summer :-).
Post a Comment