Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Preschool Program

Today was Holly's Christmas Program for her last year of preschool. She has been singing the songs for it for a couple of weeks now, which has given me my Christmas music around the house. We were able to get front row seats and saved one for Dad. Ethan was in school and was pretty upset that I wasn't going to go check him out of school (that's what they call it, really) for the program, so it was just Mason, Ryan and I watching and cheering Holly on.
This year she was a cow in the nativity scene, which she wasn't too happy with at first. Then I explained to her that the cow was a very important part to have because the cows were the ones to sing the baby Jesus to sleep after he was born. That made her feel better, so when she played her part today she was all smiles.
Holly also played Blitzen, one of Santa's reindeer's. I didn't get a picture but I got a video clip:




She did so well and was such a great little singer. At the end they had Santa come in and gave each child a chance to sit on his lap and tell them what they wanted for Christmas. She then got a candy cane, a gift from her preschool teachers and a gift from the gift exchange. Afterwards she got a hamburger and frys from McDonalds for lunch. So all in all she had a great day and her Dad and I couldn't have been prouder.

1 comment:

annie said...

i, too, was the cow in my preschool program for christmas. i had an actual costume that was lost days prior to the program. i ended up finding it in ryan's room behind this big huge old stereo that was in his room. i remember it like it was yesterday. good to know the cows sang jesus to sleep:) holly looks great!!!