It is now just 3 "sleeps" till Christmas, and the stockings are finally hung. This year I decided to make new stocking for everyone. The ones we had were too big to fill and so I thought this would be the year. I bought the material back in 1997, just a year after I was married with the hope that I could use it to make a tree skirt. So it has been sitting in my "sewing" bin all this time.Since I was feeling a little "Martha Stewart-ish" this year I pulled out some news paper and made my own pattern and had enough material to make the long awaited tree skirt as well. So they all match, which is very important to our little Holly. For some reason she is totally into things matching and she is only 4! Although I have to admit what she thinks matches, doesn't always.
Anyway after much trail and error they are finally done. If you don't look too close they are not bad for my first attempt at such a project, all from scratch. I'm very proud of the tree skirt because it
turned out the best. I don't know, there is just something about making something all by yourself from start to finish. It's just a great feeling knowing can accomplish something like that, although not perfect, I'm still happy and proud of my self.The kids love them and really like having their initial on the top so they can tell who's is who's. Mason has even tried to ware a couple of them around the house. He just can't understand why you would put socks on the wall and not ware them, he makes me smile.
The cats like the tree skirt because it is quilted and comfortable for them to sleep on. We don't have any gifts under the tree yet, on account of Mason. He sees gifts and wants to open them NOW. So to save me a little bit of sanity we have decided to wait until the week before Christmas to put anything under the tree. I start wrapping tonight while Ethan and Holly are off to dinner with Ryan's parents. Then the fun begins....keeping everything wrapped and a surprise till Christmas morning. Wish me luck!
3 comments:
Good job, Barb. They look cute. I had to laugh at you Mason & opening presents. Brody has already opened a few. He thinks every day is Christmas day when the tree is up! Gotta love those two year olds! have a Merry Christmas.
I agree....they look really good! I need some of your ambition I guess.
I just need some of your talent!! the stockings and tree skirt are really cute..beautiful..whatever the right word is ..!!! Rhonda
Post a Comment