Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Change

I think that spring is finally on the way and a little early at that. The snow has all melted and the big snow storm we were suppose to get came, went and melted as quickly as it came. So on to spring cleaning/de-cluttering, not only our house but ourselves. Ryan got sick a couple of weeks ago and stayed really sick. He ended up going to insta-care and was told he only had the flu. Then he went to his primary care doctor who did a few more tests and found out that 1) he had Mono again and 2) since he doesn't have a spleen, he needed to be getting an inoculation every 10 years to help his immune system to do what it needs to. So he got his shot and has been taking his meds and hopefully is on the mend. I have really missed the help around the house, but with all the crap that has been going on with our health lately (Ryan sick and my back) we have found we really need to be taking better care of ourselves. So we are doing little changes here and there.
As with anything I do my homework. Finding good healthy recipes and getting rid of the junk. Replacing our stores of junk food with health snacks, and both of us not eating after 8 pm at night, which is hard because we both get the munchies around 9 pm. The hardest part is laying off the sweets. It is both of our comfort foods, chocolate for me and cookies for Ryan. When we get stressed out that is the first thing we crave. So we are having to figure out something to replace it with and I don't know about Ryan but I haven't been able to figure that part out yet.
Now we just need to get our bodies feeling well enough to start exercising, which is hard when your in so much pain. I had the last of my injections in my back yesterday and am hoping this one does the trick. The first one helped a little, the second one didn't do anything and even made it worse in some respects. Now with this last one I am hoping for a miracle. I have been achy and in a lot of pain yesterday, not the same kind of pain but just achy all over the lower half of my body. Today is a little better but I am waiting for tomorrow. The second day after my injection is the worst because all the anesthetic is out of my body and I really feel it. I have to wait two weeks after the injection to see if it has done any good. If it doesn't they are going to have to go in and drain the cyst and that means surgery. Surgery on the back and anywhere near the spinal cord makes me nervous but it is ether that or living in pain for the rest of my life, so what do you do?
Our dish washer finely died (almost). It still runs but we have to pretty much rise every last food particle off the dishes before we put it in the dishwasher so it was time to get a new one. We picked it out Saturday and it will be delivered and installed tomorrow. We lucked out because we get our installation cost back through rebate and then there is the energy rebate from Rocky Mountain Power for getting a "energy star" rated model, which is always a plus.
Then of course we have to start the bathroom floor in the next few weeks and then on to the downstairs shower. That should take up most of our tax return but at least we don't have to go into debt for those things. Can you tell I'm trying to have a positive attitude?
Well I'm trying to look at the bright side and not get so stressed out about things. It's cheaper than chocolate. ;)

2 comments:

Melinda Palmer said...

Good for you guys for making good changes!! I wish I could say I do the same. It's so hard to start it all hey? I always wish I could skip past the first week and then it would be so much easier!

Annie said...

attitude makes a big difference! and its hard to be positive all of the time. i think slowly making the changes is key. don't try to do it all at once, or you will go crazy:) good luck!!

as for the house repairs, let us know if and how we can help...