Thursday, February 25, 2010

Itching....

I am itching to start a new project! I had my last photo class on Tuesday. The new dishwasher (isn't it pretty) was delivered and installed on Wednesday and here it is Thursday. I have started making a list of the things I want to do with notes on measurements and ballpark costs. I know our downstairs shower needs to be done but I haven't figured out how to do that yet and wont until we start pulling the old stall out. Ryan is not up to it yet and I know if I start it without him I will be in trouble. We also have our upstairs bathroom floor to do but we were advised that laminate flooring is not the best to put in the bathroom because of the humidity so....it is either vinyl or tile. I don't want to do a really nice floor until we can do it right which means a new vanity because the one we have is not put in right (big surprise). So we need to do a inexpensive fix but have no idea how to do it, especially how to seal it so water doesn't leak through the floor when the kids are in the tub. (sigh...)
So I have started with things that I can do in a day or two, that is not to expensive and can be done in stages. Which brings me to the longing to go to Lowe's by myself tonight. Do you think I can convince Ryan? Maybe but we will see because I know it is a dangerous prospect, me at Lowe's by myself. That store is my down fall....
Anyway I think I can convince Ryan into letting me get a wall mounted shelf for our office. We still have 3 boxes that I haven't unpacked since we moved in two years ago. They have all of my scrapbooks, memorabilia and stuff in them. If I can get the office into better working order maybe he will go for that project.
Next I want to repaint the railings in my entryway. My good friend Cathie Hughes did an awesome job with hers and we would like the same look in our house. Then add a shelf along one wall in our tall entryway to match. I really am excited about this project because Ryan came up with it all by himself and I really liked the idea. A first for us - to both agree on something right off. Miracles do happen you know.
Then I want to paint and put vinyl floor tile down in my laundry room. This is where Ryan and I are going to have a difference of opinion. He wants a black and white floor, which I like but it will cost twice as much as just a regular vinyl tile. I figure it is not a room we really are going to be showing off so why go to the extra expense. The cats are the ones who use the room the most since their litter boxes are in there, so this might me the last thing we do.
As you can see I'm itching and very excited to get started.

1 comment:

mickey said...

spring fever! i have it too. your dishwasher looks really nice. i like the color of your cubboards too! you go girl! you remind me of HGTV. i love that channel. dyi too!