Friday, July 23, 2010

Where has the Summer Gone

I realized that the kids go back to school one month from today.  Where did the summer go?  We have just had so much going on....where to start.
  • We had Holly's graduation from preschool
  • Holly's 5th Birthday (mine too but we won't say how old I am)
  • We got a trampoline
  • Had 4th of July where a firework malfunctioned and hit a neighbor in the face
  • Different things around our house died and fallen apart
  • We got  Lego Harry Potter
  • Holly informed me that it isn't fair that she doesn't have anyone to sleep with.  Mom has Dad, Ethan has Mason and she is all alone in her room...So she needs a baby sister.  I told her to take it up with her Heavenly Father so she has been praying for a baby sister every night for two weeks.  
  • We had a primary summer party for all of my CTR 4 kids (I promised them in January if they were good and reverent in Sharing Time we would have a party this summer)
  • I had spine surgery
  • Ryan left for Texas yesterday to help with the Wacovia / Wells Fargo Conversion (one week after I got out of the hospital)
  • Found out that because of my surgery that we can't go to Canada this year (which I'm having a hard time with) 
  • Our extended family has had one health emergency right after another
So as you can see I haven't had much time to blog. I promise to take one thing at a time and go into more detail latter (w/ pictures), but for now I just wanted to post something to say that I was still here.
Also once the kids are back in school and I have some more time I am going to start another blog.  Mainly for me but for all my friends and family too.  I have found the greatest ideas online, in magazines, and from friends and wanted to put them all in one place, put into category's so that I can find them more easily latter.  The new blog is called "Chronicles of a Super Mom Wanna-be".  Because heaven knows that I'm surrounded by such amazing women, all Super Mom's in my eyes, and I just don't know if I will ever be counted among them so for now I am content to be a Wanna-be.  I will let you know when I have it up and running so stay tuned.  But for now I have to go and get orange marker off of my coffee table and out of Mason's hair.  Like I said a Wanna-be.

2 comments:

Raimi said...

you have had an eventful Summer. Our kids go back to school in two weeks...summer flew by. I hope you are taking it easy and taking care of yourself. Have a great weekend.

katie said...

Hope you're feeling okay. I feel like I'm so out of the loop having been gone for a few weeks. School starts too soon....enjoy the next few weeks!