My life has been SO crazy the past few months I haven't known which way is up. Thus the lack of writing on my part. I know I have a lot to get caught up on so I will be trying to do that over the next week or so and will just title each with the month that it happened.Things seem to be getting back to a routine at least, it's just fitting into it. Ethan and Holly are both in school everyday and Mason is not ready to go to preschool just yet as we are still potty training. So it's me and Mason for half of everyday. He is a smart little boy as it didn't take him long to figure out that with just the 2 of us he could get into more things while my back is turned and in turn getting more attention from Mom. He LOVES attention and cuddle time...boy does he get it because I'm afraid to turn my back for more than 2 minutes.
Holly is LOVING school and really loves the fact that she gets to go to school every day and get all afternoon to play with her friend Riley, who just lives down the street. At least after her homework is done. I know homework in Kindergarten...things have sure changed since I was in school. She has Mrs. Larabee, the same teacher that Ethan had so it's nice to know what to expect ahead of time. She is such a great teacher, we are really luck that Holly gets to have her as a teacher too. Ethan is doing really well in 2nd grade and we both LOVE his teacher. Mrs. Fry is just was Ethan needs to keep him engaged and progressing. Ethan gets board with some of his school work, because he is such a great reader (4th grade reading level) that he thinks it's too easy for him, but Mrs. Fry is good to help challenge him with new things as well as new ways of looking at things.
I, of course continue to bite off more than I can chew and so I'm am constantly running to catch up. I'm just having trouble staying on task and not getting distracted, which is hard with 3 kids that know that Mom is easily distracted. I'm working on it and trying to accept the fact that I can't do everything, be everything, get the sleep I need to be a cheerful person, all at the same time.
That's it for now...stay tuned for further updates of our summer, coming soon.
Oh, and you will notice a new button on my blog. My sister-in-law and her husband are hoping to expand their family through the miracle of adoption so please check out their new adoption website by clicking on that button.
No comments:
Post a Comment