Wow - we are all moved. We moved last Saturday and had a few elders from our ward as well as a couple of friends (Craig and Brandon) help load up our 26 foot U-haul in the morning. We also loaded up our Honda, Subaru, and Annie and Dan's (Ryan's sister and her husband) Jeep. Then I still had to go back for a few other things we couldn't fit in. Boy we have a lot of crap!
Then our wonderful Relief Society sisters came over and help me clean our condo. That was the best thing!!! It saved me, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Once we were loaded up that is when it started to rain and when we started over to the new house is started to snow! And I mean snow hard. The only thing going through my mind was "Oh - great. It just had to snow", and it snow the whole time we were unloading.
It only took about 3 to 4 hours to unload, thanks to the wonderful help of Annie and Dan, Brandon, and Craig with his two boys. Thank you so very much for all your help guys!! You really saved us!!
I can't imagine how long it would have taken us without every ones help.
It is so great having friends and family so willing to help out.
Well we are now all moved in and it has only taken us 6 days to get our computer up and running. We are about 3/4's of the way unpacked but we should be able to have everything pretty much settled after this weekend. It takes so much longer getting settled when you have so much "help" from little hands.
The kids are loving having their own rooms, although Holly is having a hard time at night. She is not used to sleeping alone. She has always had Ethan right there, so she has been sleeping in Ethan's room on our giant pillow. But Ethan told her today that she couldn't sleep in his room anymore. It took some getting her down but she will get used to it. Nightlights help a ton!!
Well as soon as I can find my camera I will take some pictures and post them of our new home. Wow - I can't believe we have a real home! I guess good things do come to those who work for them.
1 comment:
can't wait to see the new house! congrats on getting everything done...
Post a Comment