Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Twilight


Okay I just finished the book "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer and LOVED it! I am not really into the science fiction/horror stuff but I read on my cousins blog about it and thought I would give it a try. Thanks Heather for turning me on to it.
It is a national published book but the author, Stephenie Meyer is LDS and graduated from BYU, which is a little strange seeing how it is a book about vampires. But it is more of a story about looking past peoples outer shell and finding love. It doesn't even follow the typical vampire lore.
This is the first in a 4 book saga, the last installment is due out latter this year. Ryan is leaving for Chicago tomorrow but I think I might have to go and see if I can find the next book in the series, "New Moon". It introduces werewolves. Oohh!
I see myself typing about these things and am thinking to my self "vampires", "werewolves" I am not into this stuff but I guess if you open your mind up to a new story anything is possible and you might find something worth reading. Pick it up you will love it!

3 comments:

Mari said...

hi barb- yeah, i know how you feel. i've read twilight SERIES two times. i love it. can't wait for the book and movie to come out later in the year. by the way...stephenie myer has a new book coming out in a few days...i'm really excited for that. if you haven't check out her website lots of fun stuff about the books. love the picture w/holly in piggy tails. so cute!

Annie said...

I'm almost done with the third..didn't know there was another one! And a movie! Wow. I agree though, I never would have thought this type of book would interest me, but it did!

Gramma Dori said...

I loved them all! New Moon was a little harder to get into but it's awesome too. The third book, Eclipse, is amazing. You won't be able to put it down. Both Brooke and Cyndi have read them. Can't turn Amy on to them yet but still trying. She would love it too!