Why is it that Ryan knows just how to push my buttons?? We have been looking forward to receiving our "George Bush" check and being able to get a few things for the house, like a new bed for Holly and maybe a swing set. Anyway, Ryan has been wanting the game Rock Band for awhile now and wanted to spend some of the money on it, well I told him that as long as we are able to get the things we need and still have some money to put in savings I was Okay with him getting it. Hoping that once we got everything and he saw the amount left he would just put it in savings and wait just a little while longer. Wrong!! He was all ready to go get the game when he talked to one of our neighbours at church who told him that Guitar Hero is coming out with a better version of a Rock Band type game that can do "cooler stuff" latter this year. He turns to me and says "Okay that can be for Christmas and we can get a Wii with the check that is coming". Now the Wii is about $150 more than Rock Band and my goal to get Christmas down to just little gifts so that we can remember the reason for the season is total out the window. I KNOW that Ryan is the biggest kid that I have. It is no wonder that Ethan is the way that he is because he has a big brother in his Dad.
So now somehow Ryan has gotten me to give in to the Wii and Ethan has gotten his Dad to give into him to get the new Lego Indiana Jones game. How this has happened I will never know.
Now we got our check this morning at 11 am, Ryan was home to pick it up by 11:30am and now he is at FYE getting the Wii. That is after he got me to call all over 2 counties to find one in stock somewhere.
How the CRAP does he do that?? Will someone please tell me, so that I can take precautions against this next time!!
3 comments:
Seriously, I don't know what to tell you. My heart goes out to you! I just remember hearing how you guys don't know how you got so much stuff! Remind him of that:) Dan and I considered a WII. I guess we should get internet first!
um, just be glad it's only a wii. shawn has done this before (maybe twice) with a truck (or two).
Try to relax Barb . . . our husbands are always going to be our biggest challenge to raise! I don't know how they do it, but rest assured, your's isn't the only husband who seems to always get what he wants.
Post a Comment