Monday, June 9, 2008

The Place to Be

Let me just say that I love our ward. I like it more and more each week, which says a lot for having church for 3 hours. It is the people around here that go to our ward. They are very down to earth and humble. Everyone is friendly and you can just feel how genuine they are.
I have always known that you go to church because of the gospel NOT the people but having good people makes it easier. So why is this ward so special you might ask?
1)Everyone participates in the lessons and when they do they are real with their answers. Ryan taught his first Gospel Doctrine lesson last week and he came out of it saying "Wow I've never had such an easy time teaching. Everyone contributed". And in Relief Society when we have a lesson where the subject of children comes into it, everyone is very honest in their answers. Like how kids are great but sometimes its just plain hard! Then they honestly go into examples from their own lives. WOW, it just makes me feel like I not the only one who struggles to this degree. It is just a accepting place to be and it feels more like a big group of girl friends.
2)Everyone helps each other. There is a family that has a set of twin girls about 3 months old. They also have 3 older kids on top of that so they have their hands full. Well from the moment they brought them to church someone, different people each week, just take the babies from her so she can enjoy the lesson. It is amazing to watch because this Sister tried to protest for the first few weeks but no one would let her. They just take over and give her a break. Its great!
3)They think of the best ways to do things. Ryan doesn't really like Home Teaching but when he didn't get a slip of paper handed to him and was asked to come to the church to meet with the Elders Quorum he was surprised. He was really surprised when he showed up at the church and they had his companion there ready for him to meet. Then they went through each family with them so that they would not what to expect when they went out. He came home in awe.
4) There is a member of the bishopric at the each door when you walk into the chapel for sacrament. They greet you and ask how you are doing and if there is anything you need. It really makes you feel good.
Last but not least, for me anyway, our ward is full of Canadians!!!! I feel really at home. Maybe that is why the ward is so well run? ;)
I really think we are in the place we are meant to be which makes life much sweeter. I hope everyone has a ward that they can feel so at home in.

6 comments:

lizzie said...

i really love our ward out here too. it's been good for us too. glad you like your ward.

Mari said...

It's so wonderful to be in a ward were you feel you are part of something special. We have in allof our previous wards- this one not so much. Thats awesome you love your new ward!

katie said...

Watch out....Ryan will be the bishop one day if you're not careful.

Jeanna said...

I am glad you have a great ward it makes a big difference (for me even though I shouldn't worry about it).I agree with Katie GO RYAN!!!!

Annie said...

I'm glad you've finally found a place you like and feel you fit in! It was hard for us here at first but I realized I could say hi to people first. Just because I was new didn't mean people had to talk to me first!!! I'm stubborn, I know!!

Gramma Dori said...

Barb you are one of those amazing people in your ward, both you and Ryan. Remember that!