Tuesday morning came early as we all were not used to getting up that early.
Ryan gave each of the kids a wonderful start of school year blessing and helped me feel a little better for them having them. My babies are growing up and I was inwardly having a hard time.
Ryan stayed home from work to take Ethan to school and meet his teacher Mrs. Larabee, as he had not met her before then. I didn't get too many of the details but Ryan did take some good pictures. He was sure he was going to cry but was brave for Ethan and didn't. Good for you Honey! Ryan then headed to Best Buy as fast as he could to go get the 4th season of "The Office" on DVD that came out that morning, to console himself. ;)
Mason & I took Holly to preschool. I wasn't sure how she was going to do. When we first took her to nursery she had a really hard time and cried. So I was expecting the water works when I drop her off, but I made a big deal of her being a big girl and that it was a little like nursery. I would drop her off and then come back a get her latter after she had some fun with her teachers and played. We talked about how she would be making a lot of new friends and how much fun she would have.

It was a little crazy with all the parents dropping off their kids. Holly is going to a rather big preschool and there a tons of kids that go there. But I took the time to take her picture, which she loved and then took her in. She was a little apprehensive at first but once one of her teachers (she has 4) introduced herself to Holly and said "lets go find you a cubby", she smiled waved and ran off. That is when I got a little teary. She has been so excited to go and now I felt like I was letting her go off into the world by herself.
It was very quite when I got home. I just had Mason and he was very upset to not have his brother and sister around. For that reason it's good Holly will only have school two days a week. But it isalso good for me to have some one on one time with Mason. We just all need to get used to this big change but change is good, righ? I guess it is time for Mom to grow up with the kids and learn that life is going to be changing a lot from now on.
When I picked up Ethan from school he had had fun (that was all I could get) and when we picked up Holly he had lots of questions and advice for his little sister. It was really cute. Ethan thought he was the expert on preschool and wanted to impart his knowledge to his sister. Holly LOVES her school and now is upset that Ethan gets to go every day and she doesn't. I just am happy she loves school and hope she will always have that. Ethan has since found out the down side to school. He can't stay up at night, he has to get his homework done before video games (found out Mom wasn't joking about that) and he says that school is too long!! I wonder what he is going to say next year when he goes for 3 more hours a day! But we will cross that bridge when we get to it, eh? And we have all ready started with the "so and so gets to stay out later, so why do I have to come in so early?" stuff. Fun, Fun, Fun. My kids are growing up to fast.
Well I guess I should wrap it up, this post is long enough, but I'm sure the adventures of school days will continue. So stay tuned...
5 comments:
Gotta love school. I'm thoroughly enjoying having only two home in the morning!
First Days of school are the best! Enjoy your one on one time with Mason. Brody & I get 3 hours/3 times a week for our one on one. It's so much fun! Your kiddos are so cute!
it is kind of wierd for me having both of mine in school full time...crazy!
WOW 2 kids in one day! Big day for you guys! Isn't it wierd how quiet it is when they are gone?? Kind of sad huh? Glad Ethan had fun though and that Holly handled it ok.
Oh...and also glad we share the same perspective on the bus thing. ;)
It kind of amazed me when I sent Megan and Drew off to school, I was sad too. I've been sending Kenzi for four years now, but Megan and Drew not so much. Life is going fast, way to fast. We'll just have to hold on for the ride, and smile the whole time. ;)
Post a Comment