Sunday, January 18, 2009

Roller Coaster that is Life

I don't know about anyone else but January is always a crazy month for me. Maybe because it is suppose to be a "new beginning" or whatever but it just always seems to be a crazy month, and so far it has been that for me. I have had too many things going on from church, house, kids, work (I have a home based business) and husband. So here is the recap of my life for the last two weeks.
I am the Enrichment leader in our ward and on top of the start of the year planning, they just called a new counselor to the RS Presidency that I get to work with. I think this is a good thing and I also feel like I'm the cause for the change. You see for the past two big quarterly activities that I have had the pleasure of putting together the RS Presidency has changed things on me over and over again during the whole process. They just seconded guessed every plan and decision that me and my committee has made. For the Christmas activity they changed EVERYTHING right out for under us 20 days before the event. At that point I told the RS President that if they did the same thing for our activity in March then I was going to quit. At first she thought I was joking, "surely you won't just quit", "no one just quits, at least not good active members". I laughed and said "you really don't know me too well, do you". I just can't and wont work like that. Well after many phone calls and promises things calmed down and next thing I know there is a new counselor. I guess the last one didn't want to work with someone who wanted to do her job. I'm happy to report that the new counselor sees things the same way I do about the process and I hope to enjoy my calling more in the coming year.
Now I don't know what got into me but for some reason I thought now was the time to paint more of my house. Ryan went to Driggs, ID again for work and so all last week while he was gone, I started painting. I finished painting my foyer, hall down the stairs and have started on my upstairs bathroom. I will post some pictures when I get it all done. But now I am starting to question my sanity.
The kids are so happy to be back at school but it seems like Ethan now has more homework than he did before. Thus bring on the fight to do his homework before he can play video games, etc.
He also went into the dentist on the 12th and had the other 3 front bottom teeth pulled to make way for his emerging permanent teeth and had 3 fillings put in. He did great through the whole thing. Now we are just having an even harder time trying to get him to brush his teeth because he says it hurts to brush where his teeth were pulled.
Holly is now to be called "Fairy Princess Holly Bug". My Dad sent the kids some money for Christmas and she spent hers on a new Princess bedside lamp and a new fairy dress with wings and all. I think she has worn it almost everyday and for all day on those days she doesn't have school.
Mason I think has conspired with his older siblings to drive me MAD. I know it is just part of being 17 months old but he is into EVERYTHING and climbing on EVERYTHING!! So on top of Ethan crying that he doesn't like doing homework and Holly jumping off of the coffee table trying to fly with her new wings and getting mad that they don't work, I now have a toddler trying to kill himself but climbing up on things ready to fall on his head at any moment.
Mason has also had major ear infections in both ears, which he just finished his antibiotics the end of last week. Now he has another one in his left ear and the start of one in his right. I just got back from taking him into the doctor (yes on Sunday) and he has to do a second round of a stronger antibiotic. Oh joy!!
Here are a couple of examples of Masons activities over the past two weeks.

He found and decided to taste a ink pad. Thank goodness it was water based!

He is climbing on my table at least 12 times a day and then can't get down so he screams at me until I come and get him down.
And finally I have been busy with work. I do the accounting for two condo associations and have had to finish their income statements for the year as well as help them get ready for their annual meetings. Let me just say that I am SO glad that we don't live in our condo anymore. Don't get me wrong I am happy that I was able to get the experience of serving on a condo homeowners committee, it has helped me to be able to earn some money for my family and still be at home with my kids. But listening to the struggles that these other homeowner associations go through just make me appreciate my home so much more.
Well that is it for now. Things are starting to slow down a little bit and hopefully I will be able to breath here soon.

3 comments:

Raimi said...

I had to giggle at the photos of Mason. I have photos that look just like that. It looks just like my life with Brody...he is now 19 months & still a climber. We will survive!
Love Princess Holly bug & her wings, so girly & so cute.
Way to go Ethan, being so brave @ the dentist.
Barb, I hope your month is calmer.

Hugs to you all.

katie said...

Hopefully we'll hear more from you around here.

As for Mason....i'd totally just leave him on the table. If he can't get down, all the better! I completely understand!

Jeanna said...

Wow! Sounds like a ton of fun. Those ear infections are NASTY!! Poor guy they hurt soo bad. Hope he gets better soon.