Today Mason had his very first hair cut. He was getting a pretty bad mulit. Although it was curly and pretty he was starting to look like a girl. So it had to be done, but for some reason I just have a hard time with their first hair cut, with my boys anyway. Holly didn't have any hair until she was almost 3 so I didn't have such a hard time with her. I guess it's just because once they get their hair cut they are not babies anymore. They are suddenly kids and it's sad that I don't have my baby anymore. 
Mason did really well with his first hair cut. I took him to get it cut while the other two were in school and we went to this place that was "just for kids". It's called Snip It's and it is so cool. They have a big screen TV in the waiting area that was playing "Kung Fu Panda" today and they have bright colors everywhere. The barber chairs are just the right size for kids and they have straps on them so they are safe while they get their hair cut. You know how kids like to wiggle around. Then they have a monitor at each station were they put something on for them to watch and a chair for the parents to sit right next to them so they don't get to upset.
Mason wasn't too sure about what was going on once they put the cape on him and started to cry. But the staff was quick and turned on a bubble machine that made him smile right away. Then once he knew that I wasn't going to be going too far and the video got his attention he was fine. He sat so still for the stylist while she cut around his ears and neck. It was really nice that the electric clippers that they have didn't make hardly any noise. I know that is the part Ethan hates when Ryan cuts his hair, the buzz in his ears.Mason loves his picture taken too so when I pulled out the camera that made him happy. Once we were done, they took him up to the front where he got to put a little bit of his hair and a blue pass card they gave him into the counter where we pay. It the base of it there are slots where you put the hair and card and it sucks them up and spits out a little "bubble gum"
machine prize for him. A little plastic dinosaur. He liked the round container it came in better but, hey whatever makes him happy.
machine prize for him. A little plastic dinosaur. He liked the round container it came in better but, hey whatever makes him happy. I can't say enough about this salon, it was just great! I hate going into some place like Supper Cuts and the stylists all fight over who has to take "the kid". Snip It's is only about $3 more than Supper Cuts and so worth it. I will be taking the other two to Snip It's for their next hair cuts.
Anyway now my baby has become a kid. On to getting him into a toddler bed instead of his crib.
5 comments:
Cute boy! I love the kid friendly salons. We have one 2 miles down
the street & it is the only place I will take Brody to get his hair cut. He holds perfectly still for his stylist...imagine that!!!!
I agree, first haircut = big boy fro sure!
Sounds like a fun place to take the kids!! I have never taken my kids to a salon . . . My sister cuts Brecklyn's and Brandon usually cuts Karson's!
very handsome and grown up too!
Masson my great looking grandson, not saying that Ethan and Holly are not great looking but first hair cut and picture deserves praise. He is a good looking little boy and makes me proud. They grow up to fast.
What a cutie! That first haircut takes them from baby to little boy for sure. Can be a little bittersweet eh? Cute pics and what a way to record history. Way to go Barb, good for you!
Post a Comment