This week has been a long one, or should I say the last few days have seemed like a week.Let me first start by saying that there is nothing else like the experience of being a Mother. There are so many times that make you smile and so many times that make you cry but it is those times that make you cry and then make you laugh after the fact that stick with you.
Friday was crazy as Friday's always seem to be especially since we have been having "Family Movie Nights". Friday night we have a kid friendly dinner where my kids can all help ether make it or put their plates together or both. Then we sit down as a family and watch a fun movie that we have rented from the Red Box, just for the occasion. For the most part it is a great night but it takes a lot of effort to make it all work, which of course means that I need some help from the kids to get all of our chores done before movie night can start. Unfortunately doesn't always happen and my patience gets stretched to say the least. This past Friday was no exception and by the time homemade pizza's were eaten and put the movie in I was ready to go to bed while everyone else enjoyed the movie.
Ryan convinced me to just lay down on the couch and take it easy, which I tried but to no avail. Mason was trying to run around with no diaper on because he wanted to sit on the new potty he got for Christmas. I, thinking this might be a good time to encourage him, like a dope, let him. I was rewarded with a big pile of poop in the middle of the bathroom rug, not a foot from his potty. After the great pleasure of cleaning up my son, the bathroom floor and wrestling him into his diaper, I again lay down on the couch in the hopes of some down time.
Just as I was dozing off, Mason who had been playing in his diaper unbeknownst to me wiped his little hand across my forehead. The smearing and the smell woke me out of my vegetative state with a jolt and I once again took my wonderful, loving, cute little boy into the bathroom to clean him up as well as my self. Only Mason can have up to 3 poopy diapers in under an hour. How I love that boy!
This was the most disgusting, mortifying experience I have had as a Mother, thus far. Totally GROSSED OUT does not convey the feeling I had at that moment. But now a couple of days latter I can now smile about it and I'm sure after more time it will be a memory I will laugh at. Fortunately and unfortunately, I am sure this will not be the only experience I will have that will invoke the same feelings I have had these past few days.
There was one really cool thing that I was able to witness with my kids yesterday, though. We were or should I say our neighborhood was descended upon by a ton of birds all at once. I have never seen anything like it and would have never thought that something like it would happen in the deep of winter. There where hundreds of them. Here are a few pictures that show only a portion of all the birds and the three pictures where taken all within seconds of each other. The dark dots are birds by the way.
Here is hoping to a calmer week.
1 comment:
wow, barb you are a strong, brave mommy. that one would have sent me to the cleaners for sure. way to handle it with great love and patience.
the bird thing happens here in the fall and i love it! it looks like a huge moving blanket in the sky. and when they land boy do they look amazing. happy bird watching!
Post a Comment