Saturday, May 1, 2010

Have you Ever Wondered?

I, for one have always believed that things happen for a reason.  So I don't know about anyone else but sometimes a wonder what the heck am I supposed to get out of the things happening at this time in my life.  Now don't get me wrong we have been very blessed in so many ways, but lately we have just had one thing after another happen.  Not big things but a whole butt load of little things.  I'm starting to wonder what's next?  What am I supposed to learn and just not getting?
With all these things happening and just the general busyness of life, I have slacked in writing anything for about a month.  Today is Saturday, and I have lost my energy at this point of the day; Ryan has fallen asleep and the kids are watching "The Wonder Pets" in the other room, so now I have a few minutes to sit here at my computer and write. 
I am not going to start complaining about all those little things that have happened because we have been able to handle them and because I'm so grateful that they didn't turn out to be worse.  I'm just wondering what I'm missing.  I'm not one of those people that gets all upset that others have more than I do and becomes bitter because of it.  I'm one of the self-loathing types that takes it inward and wonders what I'm doing wrong.  I know I really need to get over it and that I would be better off looking on the "bright side of life" (add whistle here).  But somehow I managed to marry the same type of person, because he is the same as I am in that respect.  So here we are, wondering what we are not doing to have all these "lessons" in the form of little mini trials one right after the other.  The only thing I can think of is that we need to quit our Monty Python habit, maybe quit yelling at our kids so much or maybe be happy with our life no matter what.  Or, maybe it's because we are really trying to get our financial life in order and be responsible and all.  Maybe we are being tested to see if we really mean it.  If we can leave our credit cards locked up and live on less.  If we can start to take better care of ourselves and our family in this one area, then maybe we can take on another area in our life.  I really don't know but we are taking turns having nervous breakdowns while the other reminds us that "this too shall pass".  So we go on and on and on, on this cycle.  Trial, nervous breakout, regroup.
Wow - I have totally gotten off track of where I was hoping to take this, so let me go back and fill you in on a couple of things that have happened over the last month.  I will not bore you with all the things that have gone wrong but wish to cover the good. 
We had the great opportunity to go up to Idaho for my cousin Kandice's wedding.  She is my Mom's, sister Cindy's, daughter who lives in Canada.  She was married a great guy from Idaho so at first I thought they were going to get married in the Cardston Temple (she being Canadian), but was so happy that they decided to get married in the Idaho Falls Temple instead.  Which made it easier for us to be able to attend.  Most of my extended family was able to come down to Idaho with a few exceptions (they were missed) and the rest of the family already live in Idaho so it worked out great.  I was able to see/visit with them and we had such a great time.  Especially Holly as she was able to hang out with "the girls".  Thanks for letting her hang out with you guys, and thank you to Julie & Doug for letting us stay with them. 
Ryan's knows that I'm a happier person when I get to spend time with my family so he thought it was worth the trip.  Kandice was a beautiful bride and the spirit of love was so strong in the temple.  The picture was taken by my very talented cousin Heather, who just happens to be Kandice's big sister. We had so much fun visiting with everyone and the kids had great fun playing with all the kids.  It really made me want summer to hurry up and get here so we could go up to Canada and play some more.  I just pray that these little trails will stop soon so we can still make our planned trip.  Pray for me!
I have been taking a "Money Mastery" class through the Davis County Continuing Education.  I have learned a lot and now have the daunting task of going through all the paperwork in our office and getting things organized.  Being financially responsible is a lot of work!
As for Ryan he is getting ready to go to Disneyland with his Wells Fargo Associates for what they call an "off-sight", which is just a bunch of meetings they get to go to somewhere other than Salt Lake City and have some modivational fun along with it.  He is feeling guilty that all of us are not going along but I've assured him I wouldn't want to take Mason to Disneyland at his age.  He might take after his Mom and get lost while trying to follow Winnie the Pooh into his dressing room.
Ryan also finished the last book he had to read to Ethan's 1st grade class this past month and was sad for it to end.  Ryan even got his picture in the paper for his volunteering to read. Ethan's is doing so well with his reading, now reading at a 4th grade level.  He just has convinced himself that he is no good at Math, so we are working to break that train of thought.  He's such a smart kid.
Holly is finishing up her preschool experience and preparing for her "Spring Program".  She is dancing and singing around the house constantly.  She is such a girl!  No tomboy for this tomboy Mom.  :}
Mason has learned or rather figured out how to pull up YouTube on Ryan's I*touch to watch "Wow, Wow, Wubbsy", his favorite show.  It's scary how smart he is.  He is following in his brothers footsteps that way as well as getting into super hero's and runs around scaring the cats with a Batman mask on.  He is so fun!
That is about it for now.  I'm off to finish my Saturday chores and to wake up my husband.
Keep smiling!

1 comment:

Mari said...

I love your layout- VERY cute! Especially the side
labels. I don't blog anymore, but I saw your note on
facebook and had to check it out. That's great you
figured out how to do it, I could barely figure how to change the backgound on mine :) Hope you are all doing well!