Spring is here, at least that's what we've been told. You wouldn't know it by the weather we've been having of late, but in amongst the cold and rainy days there have been a few bright and sunny ones. Those are the days that Ryan likes to go out in the yard and be one with nature. He finds it therapeutic and takes great pride in his yard. It has become HIS domain and I have been told not to bother with anything within that domain or face his wrath. Needless to say I haven't pushed the matter too much, for the sake of his sanity or our marriage.I'm finding that I like it when he is outside because all of the kids soon follow and I can have sometime to myself. I especially love when Mason is outside, as he is such an active little boy who likes to get into everything, mostly to figure out how things work, or at least that's what I've told myself. Mason loves to be outside and we've found as of late that he LOVES to help his Dad in the yard. He has shown a natural attraction to dirt, plants and bugs. Maybe it's the boy in him coming out but if it's one thing Mason is, it's a very masculine boy. Most kids his age lose interest in things rather quickly, moving on from one thing to another but not Mason, at least when it comes to helping his Dad in the yard. The yard work has quickly become their bonding time together.
When Ryan gets out the lawn mower, Mason is quick to pull out is Little Tykes Mower (it was Ethan's once upon a time). Mason loves to follow his Dad around the yard, mowing right along with him. The only thing that seems to keep Mason at bay is the string trimmer. I think it's only because it's so loud and seems to scare him just a bit. Everything else he is all for, trying to learn the ropes of how to take care of the yard and he is only 2-1/2. Mason and his Dad are bonding within "their domain" very quickly. I guess every son has to have something that they can share with just their Dad, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment